cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying Off/Terminating Device Financing Agreement - Options?

Squire542
I've been around

If I pay off my remaining device balance or tab, am I able to lower my phone plan price after?

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Paying Off/Terminating Device Financing Agreement - Options?

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @Squire542!

Welcome to the community!

That's certainly something that can be looked into for you! The potential for reducing cost and changing your plan would depend on the specific plan type you have now so you're welcome to reach out to support or us here @CommunityHelps and we'd be happy to review your account options with you. For more information on our PM system you can check out our blog!

Let us know if you have any other questions!

@RogersAndy

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @Squire542!

Welcome to the community!

That's certainly something that can be looked into for you! The potential for reducing cost and changing your plan would depend on the specific plan type you have now so you're welcome to reach out to support or us here @CommunityHelps and we'd be happy to review your account options with you. For more information on our PM system you can check out our blog!

Let us know if you have any other questions!

@RogersAndy

Paying Off/Terminating Device Financing Agreement - Options?

I want to end up my Samsung s 10 phone agreement with rogers becz it's cost me huge like 123 dollars

I want to end up my Samsung s 10 phone agreement as it costs me huge amount of 123 dollars per month..I cannot bear this as I'm new here and i am unable to find any part time work here ..due to covid i am facing difficulties in managing my college fee ..so i want to end up this contract with rogers..what are the options and what do i have to pay..i bought this phone of 17th March 2020 this year

Hello @Mukesh3,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

We certainly understand and appreciate the challenging times we're all facing. I see you've reached out to us via PM. We'll be happy to continue the conversation there.

RogersZia

Jatt021
I've been around
Hi I want to known the total amount to pay off my phone

Hello and welcome @Jatt021 to the Rogers Community Forums!

Did you know you're able to view your device balance on MyRogers? 

Once you log in, you can follow the path below to find out the device balance:

Overview >> Number you're looking to upgrade >> You'll see the device balance under My Device.

Let us know if you have any follow up questions.

RogersZia

jjjjy7
I'm a reliable contributor

I purchased a phone that was subsidized over a two year period on my bill.  I have two months left on the balance.  What happens after those two months... do I continue to pay the same price each month - even though my phone is paid off??

Good day @jjjjy7,

Thanks for your post! I hope you're doing well and staying safe. It would be my pleasure to help you shed some light on your options, for when your term comes to an end in a couple months.

Once your original "contract" expires, you may stay on your existing rate plan (even if the term has expired) or you can choose to migrate to a new in-market plan.

Rogers does not automatically migrate customers if their plan term expires. You can view the wireless plans currently available at rogers.com/plans. Depending on your needs, you may be interested in one of our Rogers Infinite plans. Some customers rather keep their grandfathered plans regardless of the commitment date because it better suits their needs etc.

Please let us know if you have any questions! We'll be more than happy to further assist you. 🙂

RogersMaude

How to pay off financed device balance through financial institutions on multi-line accounts?

Or do I call 📞 with card ready?

Or must I go in?

Good evening @Rogrog2020,

Welcome to the Community!

You've definitely come to the right place! We can help you make voluntary, lump-sum pre-payment(s) towards your outstanding device financing balance anytime. Please note that this payment will reduce your monthly financing payment, but not the number of months remaining.

If you'd like us to assist you with this request, please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps. Check out this page for more information on our private messaging system.

Alternatively, you can also reach out to us via Twitter @RogersHelps or on Facebook.com/Rogers. 

RogersZia

Malijavaid
I've been here awhile

Discontinuing Rogers Financing Contract

Hi, I am leaving Canada due to health issues. I m on financing contract. Can I get some support from Rogers.

Hello @Malijavaid,

Welcome to the Community!

I hope you're doing well :). I appreciate the challenging situation you're in and I understand you may not need to use your phone in the near future. Have you considered selling your device to pay off the remaining device balance on your account?

Do you know when you will be back in the country?

Just need a bit more info to assist you further.

RogersZia

Malijavaid
I've been here awhile
I m having some serious mental health issues lately. No plans to return in near future keeping in mind job and covid changing scenarios. I can return the phone to Rogers or if they can adjust the phone value somewhere. Really appreciate their help at this need of hour. Things are challenging at my end and hope the company see this on humanity grounds.

Hello @Malijavaid

Thank you for your reply. 

We're sorry to hear that you've been going through a lot lately, we would love to review all the available options with you regarding the cancellation of your wireless service. 

Please send us a PM @CommunityHelps so we can gather account info and get started. 

If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

RogersRob

jjjjy7

I financed my phone over two years, but now that it's paid off, I am still paying the same monthly price. I see there is nothing in Canada that requires cell phone providers to remove the device subsidy from a customer’s bill after 24 months.  So now I am stuck paying way more for wireless service than I could get from other provider.  I see now why providers want you to sign up for financing....

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hi jjjjy7, if you Financed your phone over a period of months then you would have paid an additional fee on your monthly bill separate from your plan fee. Did you see this fee on your bill?   when your financing term is finished the Financing fee disappears from your bill. your plan fee still should stay the same as the plan fee is just the plan itself and does not affect your hardware financing.

You are however free to call in and ask if there are any in-market plans with lower fees than your paying for, however please be advised that just because a fee is lower does not mean you are getting the same exact services as your old plan, please compare each feature of the plan one by one to make sure,  we would hate for you to lower  your plan fee but then lose something you enjoy like long distance or international text messages, or some stuff like that rite?

jjjjy7

@Pauly   Not sure I fully understand what you are saying.  I did see how much I had left to pay on the phone as each month went by - the phone has been paid off now for several months - but my overall wireless bill stayed the same.  Whether there were two separate fees (financing and plan) - my bill did not decline once the phone was paid off.    I was told by Rogers that plans do not reduce after the tab has been paid.  Rogers told me “We let our customers know well in advance of their fixed-term contract expiring to remind them of the variety of options available, including switching to a bring-your-own-device plan or upgrading their device on a new fixed term contract."  I was never notified.  When I called to get a new rate, they either want me to finance a new phone - which will cost me more per month or downgrade my plan to reduce my cost.  So in other words, I either give them more per month or get less.   To keep the same plan, I have to pay the same amount that I was paying when I was financing the phone.

Good day, @jjjjy7

Thanks for sharing your pricing concerns with us!

I recently replied to a similar situation in another thread which can be found here and I am wondering if it might help address your concerns as well? Of course, we'd have to take a closer look into your account to better determine what type of plan you have and check if there is a more cost effective option that works better for your needs. 🙂

Feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Kind regards,
RogersLaura

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

jjjjy7,

The old price plan structure, when you got a phone, you only had one monthly fee for your price plan which included the hardware subsidy of the device you received.  so even if your 2 year term has ended the monthly fee you paid stayed the same, this was historically what all phone providers did not just rogers and was the defacto industry standard so your plan stayed the same after your 2 year term you had to physically call them and ask for a cheaper price plan (if one existed)  and they would switch it,  but the problem with the old structure is that people got fed up of constantly changing price plans back and forth. and sometimes the more you do this you lose features that your grandfathered plan had but you do get a lower price so there is a trade off, but when you want to get a new phone you would need to change to a non byod plan one that included subsidy.  So I do not know how you were able to pay a financing fee on top of the old plan structure as it was not  shown to the end user. only the device term was shown and the cancellation fee of the term you owe if u were to cancel, maybe this is what you were talking about?

This is the main reason the whole industry shifted to the new financing model, not just rogers but all companies changed, so now the financing is a separate fee its not embedded in your price plan.  maybe you are actually on the old structure not the new one?  look at your actual PDF Copy of your BILL not the online myRogers portal and confirm please

jjjjy7

@RogersYasmine   Thank you for taking the time to reply to me.

Topic Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 12 in conversation