cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden fees on Plan change on wireless.

Mikej1
I've been around

I contacted Rogers today via live chat to change my plan etc. I asked the Rogers person why my bill hadn't changed in over 2 years as I was told my phone would be paid off then. They would not give any number, just said there are separate charges on the new plans. After talking in a circle for 15 minutes or so, I was sure I had my plan changed and would be paying less. Also I was told there would credit on my next bill re: bill not changing after 2 years with phone payments. Imagine after 30 minutes the "Session Timed Out" and I couldn't find the agent again. Now my billing says that plan changed and I can't access it until next cycle. When confronted about errors on billing the answer is always "accident". How do I find what the hidden fees were on my last plan???

*** Edited Labels ***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Hidden fees on Plan change on wireless.

RogersYasmine

Hello @Mikej1,

Thanks for joining us in the community and for posting your billing concerns! 

We'd definitely need to have a closer look into your account to figure out what happened.

I can, however, confirm that there have been some changes made to our pricing construct when it comes to upgrading your device. Previously, the cost of a subsidized device would have been built into your monthly price plan as one single charge each month. Once the 2 year term was up, it would have been up to the customer to reach out to us if they wanted their plan changed to a lower tier such as "no term". Some customers preferred to stay on the same tier so that they could be eligible to upgrade to a new device once again.

Due to requests from customers for a more simplified billing approach, we decided to change how the pricing construct works. Now we offer a financed option when upgrading to a new device and customers are charged two separate amounts: one charge for the cost of the device and a separate charge for the cost of the price plan. Then, once you are finished paying off the device balance, you are only billed for the price plan going forward. 

Please feel free to send us a PM @CommunityHelps so we verify if the above applies to your situation. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

RogersYasmine is correct. Your plan never changed automatically, unless you called in, and specifically asked to see if a lower plan was available.  Under the old plan structure the plan and phone was one combined fee even if the term was completed you still pay the fee, under the new plan structure the device fee is separate.  so when the device portion is done it becomes Zero. hope this helps

-dodger
I've been here awhile

Yes, I've had similar problems ever since a plan change on January 8th.  Nothing but ridiculous and repeated problems.  Talked to 13 or 14 different reps.  Told everything would be sorted out in new billing cycle!  LOL  Now a few days in and reps can't explain why with 48 or 55 GB supposedly on my plan - according to various reps - I'm getting told my "high speed data" is 15GB and all used up three days into my billing cycle - What a gong show.  I'm just about done with Rogers.  Customer Service reps supposedly can't see what Customer Retention reps add to an account.  Tech Support reps can't see all that Customer Service reps can....on and on it goes.  I'm coming to the conclusion that what we have here is actually a form of negative billing, where reps promise various things to clients and then the system software quietly reverses what they have offered.  TAKE NOTE: No rep could or would provide in writing or via a screenshot the details of the plan they promise!  I've taken plenty of notes however.  Rogers is looking more and more like a scam.

Good day @-dodger,

I'm sorry to hear of you recent disappointing experience with regards to your plan change and data allotment. We certainly try to be as clear and concise as possible and transparency is key.

When it comes to price plan changes, you should receive an email confirmation outlining any plan changes within 24 hours of the change taking place. Did you not receive any email to the email address we have on file for you?

If you are chatting with an agent via Live Chat or through Social Media online, you can easily keep a record of the conversation for your own peace of mind in case you have to refer back to it in the future.

If you would like to shoot us a PM, we are happy to take another look to try and make some sense of what happened. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

-dodger
I've been here awhile

The only email I received was from the most recent rep I spoke to, who sent an email at my request.  No one volunteered to do so previously.

She said repeatedly that she had "never seen this before": the way my plans (business account) had inexplicably changed from 50 GB approx. to 15GB. 

So either you have algorithms in your operating software which make such changes, or an individual made the changes; presumably without documenting them.

Does your system log all changes made to an account, or at least WHO makes changes to an account, automatically?

If so, it should be easy to see who made such changes.

If not, that raises some interesting questions!

There's certainly an interesting money-making opportunity there: when "algorithms" make changes to accounts, then invite the client whose data as "run out" to "purchase additional data"! 

I wonder what proportion of clients would just pay up to "restore" their access to data at more than 1 measly GBPS?

It could be an interesting experiment in negative billing: if the client figures it out we just apologize and issue a refund, and if they don't we keep the cash! 

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation