Unable to Wireless Print After Changing to Ignite Modem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leonjulie
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Unable to Wireless Print After Changing to Ignite Modem

thanks everyone for your suggestions, still know luck but i have learned quite a bit. still have the printer vs ignite gateway vs device dilemma.

also, whole network slower, like 10-fold. even with testing i'm getting no better than ~50.

time for a tech house call, does this cost anyrhing??
Ezazh
I've Been Around

I was on Carrytel before rogers and was able to cast from my android phone to my smart tv and to my amazon fire stick (im not talking about netflix or youtube). And also be able to print wirelessly over the wifi.

Since getting rogers ignote, I can't do anything over the wifi. My printer connects to the wifi and my phone is connected to the sane network. Still it shows the printer unavailable.
I cant even connect the remote control apps for my smart tvs. They can't find the device.

I still have 2 weeks of carrytel subscription remaining so i connected it back. Everything started working fine.

Dont take me wrong, the internet itself works well on individual devices
Don_Ca
I'm a Reliable Contributor

My wife, on wifi, sometimes has problems printing to a network connected printer and I have to power it off and on. This printer is connected via ethernet, but wifi still seems to be the issue. Looking, there are lots of Comcast customers reporting the same thing. Reminder, this will not be a Rogers fix, Comcast has to fix it. I also see that it tends to be older printers that are having issues more than newer ones.
PFox78
I've Been Here Awhile

I was dealing with this exact same issue. Spoke to tech support, they tried various things and nothing worked. Then, I had an idea: I asked for a Wi-Fi Pod, which has Ethernet ports. They sent one over at no charge. I connected my printer to the Pod via ethernet cable and now it's working perfectly. Not only that, but the Pod boosted the Wi-Fi connection in my home office and it's stronger. Whoever is still dealing with this issue, I recommend you do that.

GregR
I Plan to Stick Around

I switched to Ignite Wifi with no issues other than my Epson Workforce 545 printer will not print.  I have had two lengthy sessions with Rogers tech support on the phone and one came in person.  No one could solve this.  The printer is on line.  When I go to print, the printer shows up as ready, but the document cannot be printed.  We have tried a multitude of solutions and everyone is stumped.  So do I buy a new printer?  Do I need to check compatibility with Ignite Wifi or will most new printers connect with no issues?  My modem is an XB7.  Thanks, Greg

PFox78
I've Been Here Awhile

Look at the message I posted right before yours. The way around this is if you get Rogers to give you an Ignite WiFi Pod and connect the printer to the pod via Ethernet cable.

GregR
I Plan to Stick Around

thanks I will try that!