cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G Home Internet Seasonal Suspension

reidtait
I've been around

Hi there,

I just recently subscribed to Roger's 5G Home Internet for a rural cottage. As it is a seasonal cottage, I will only need the internet service for just over half of the year. With previous providers, I have been able to put a seasonal service suspension in place. Does Rogers offer the same for the 5G Home Internet service? I've found a bit of info on service suspensions for mobile phones and Ignite Home Internet, but no definitive information on suspending the new 5G Home Internet.

Anyone know what the suspension policy & cost is?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: 5G Home Internet Seasonal Suspension

RogersMaude

Good day @reidtait,

Thank you for posting your inquiry to the Rogers Community! We appreciate your contribution since I'm sure other users were asking themselves the same question.

Good news! 5G Home Internet customers can suspend their services for $5/mo up to 185 days per calendar year, to temporarily suspend their services for reasons like renovations, seasonal property, vacation, etc.

The minimum suspension duration is 30 days and the suspension must start within the next 30 days of your request.

The temporary suspension blocks all services, waives compatible charges and adding it at the start of a bill cycle prevents prorated charges. 

You can avoid late payment charges by setting up automatic payments or make payments in advance. Do note that the fee is non-refundable.

You’ll get a confirmation email and reminder emails 5 days before and on the last day of the suspension and your services will resume automatically at the end of the suspension. 

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have questions!

RogersMaude

Thanks for the confirmation of what I was told when I initiated the service. But how do I go about initiating a seasonal suspension,

Thanks John

Hi @johnahoffman,

Thank you for joining the conversation. Once you are signed into your MyRogers account you can scroll down to your Wireless Internet plan, and you should see Manage beside it. Select it and scroll down to the bottom and select Manage temporary suspension. Suspension of the wireless internet is similar to suspending your mobile phone plan which you can find the steps on our website here

Regards,

RogersJermaine

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation