Throttling RTMP to Twitch

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Throttling RTMP to Twitch

@Tal3
Just want to mention, make sure you run a before test as well.

I was going to follow Datalink's steps last night, ran a test stream for about an hour with no dropped frames before I changed anything. So I decided to wait until this evening.

The past week it was very consistent for me. Not sure why it is coming and going like this, but when it is happening, it will happen within the first 5 minutes of the stream and will continue dropping to 0bps throughout the stream, like clockwork.

I should also mention I did this test later in the evening than I usually stream.
I Plan to Stick Around

Yep, already ran a test, for the port forwarding, I'm having a bit of confusion, what do I put in these slots?

port.PNG

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You will need two rules, one for each port number, so perhaps Twitch 1 and Twitch 2 for names?

1.  Twitch 1:  Set the first rule slots all to 443 and set the rule to TCP/UDP.

2.  Twitch 2:  the second rule slots all to 1935 and set the rule to TCP.

Each rule sets up a single port for port forwarding instead of a range of ports like Port 400 to port 500 for example.

Hit Apply when complete and reboot the modem:  ADMIN .... DEVICE RESET .... Reboot.

I Plan to Stick Around

Assuming this is right:

forward.PNG

Then ya, no help on that front from what I can tell, still dropping frames.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ok, thank you.  Please remember to delete the rules and static IP address and reboot the modem:  ADMIN .... DEVICE RESET .... Reboot.  

Going to have to think about the next step.....

I Plan to Stick Around

So I guess I found a way to get mostly stable network performance.

Go to OBS Studio, Go to Settings > Advanced > Network > Enable networking code > Low Latency Mode

Select both. Go to your CODA 4852 , disable the gateway, use a router instead, done.

I Plan to Stick Around

I fixed my CODA issue a while ago and I posted that getting a router would fix it but no one really paid attention towards it lol

But every other 4-5 days, I get throttled or idk what they do, Whenever I contact them, they tell me its a noise issue in your area bla bla node congestion bla bla, and it takes them more than a week to fix it every time.

I've Been Around

After my CODA-4582 was updated to .33T3 the VPN workaround doesn't work for me anymore.

Does anyone else experience this?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just wanted to throw my info in here aswell as I'm having a similar issue.
I'm a regular streamer on Twitch, I try to stream every single day and it's been perfectly fine for me for the last couple of months, no dropped frames at all. 
Since this weekend however, I'm getting dropped frames all over the place to the point where streaming is now impossible. Another issue is that since this weekend sometimes when we open amazon/ebay or other sites (not all) we get this error in Chrome - DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
Both issues started at the exact same time this weekend. No hardware changes or cable changes were made on our part, Rogers modem is connected as a gateway, devices connect directly to the Rogers modem.

I have also tried the steps recommended by Datalink (I didn't have any of the port forwarding setup for twitch in the past) and I'm still having the same issue 4 days later.

Plan: Ignite 250 - Modem model: CGN3ACR - Software Version 4.5.8.33 (this was last updated as part of the firmware trial and has been working beautifully ever since)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Looking up that error, seems like for whatever reason you were having an DNS issue?
Though I am sure if it was a general rogers DNS issue with sites like amazon, ebay, etc we would have heard more about it from others.

One option.. and perhaps might change things with Twitch as well?
Have you tried at least on that one machine, to change over your DNS server away from the rogers default to something else? (say googles, etc).