Throttling RTMP to Twitch

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Throttling RTMP to Twitch

I've been surviving with the VPN trick.   I went ahead and tested it again last week to see if the issue was still there.  Sure enough, turn off the VPN, and the connection to Twitch gets throttled down to 0 and then back up again.  This happens at least every couple of minutes.

I have to wonder, do Rogers "Business" accounts suffer from this throttling.  I'm guessing they don't 😉

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@RedLir I believe this issue might pertain only to the CODA-4582. Users with this modem and using amazon servers to upload, or download information have been experiencing problems where they are able to download at full speed, but then drop down to 0. 

There is a firmware fix available that Intel has deployed, however we have to wait for Hitron to send the new firmware with the fix to Rogers to deploy to the firmware trial community. The next beta firmware for the CODA-4582 might be a big release due to big changes in the code. So, a temporary solution would be to use a VPN or switch back to the older CGN modems.

I Plan to Stick Around

@RyzenFX  I'm the OP

I've had 3 different modems, the other 2 were CGN modems.  That's the stock answer from support.  Change the modem.  It hasn't worked yet! 😉

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This is going to take a rather focused investigation by Rogers and Twitch engineers and a willing volunteer, all working together to get to the bottom of the problem.  This would be much easier if there was another modem available for test purposes that wasn't an Intel product.  That would either clear the Intel modems or place the problem directly in Intel's lap.  I'll have to post a question in the DSLReports TPIA forums just to see if TPIA users on Rogers Cable system have any success with Twitch uploads. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I streamed on Start with Zero Problems for 2 years with just a minor hitch for a couple of weeks. So ya, this is getting annoying.

I've Been Here Awhile

I hear what you are saying streaming to twitch is very bad I check all my network stuff test all came back A+ good ping good download good upload but stable upload not a chance tested every server goes good then drops to 0 out of no where with no one on the network even with a 3k bitrate of my 30 upload speed searched everywhere and seems like a lot of people having this problem with these chips I switched from bell to get better upload speed Surf & Stream
As Much As You Want! well rip my moneys I got the top package to get better upload speed mainly for streaming to twitch now I'm paying over 100$ for something I can't use for what it was meant for need to find a fix for this problem since streaming is the way of my future this has to be fix one way or another there's people in Canada that can stream to twitch with 9k bitrate with no frame drops network drops please help us fix this problem  

Hi @abelmacneil,

Welcome to the Community Forums, and thanks for your post. 

I completely understand how frustrating it must be to have issues streaming with Twitch. 

Can you possibly expand a little on your statement that your network seems great but unstable? Perhaps @Datalink or @gp-se can provide some guidance on how to obtain some clearer data for us to look into? 

RogersShaun

I Plan to Stick Around

Although I'm not abel, I'm having the same issues where the stream will be rock solid for a few min, completely go to 0kb/s then recover and go back to rock solid. I'm on the CODA4852 modem and I recently switched over from Start where I had Zero problems streaming.

This is my SNB info: 

sndb.PNG

and this is my Twitch inspector info:

TI.PNG

As you can see, it flatlines throughout the entire stream and essentially freezes the stream, but the sound goes through. It's a wired connection with no extra routers or bridges or anything of the sort.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Tal3 what modem model were you using with Start?  I'm curious at this point to know if it was a Hitron CDA3 or CGN variety or something completely different.  And ..... cable or DSL/VDSL?  You were on R-cable with Start, correct?  If I have that correct then the difference would be the modem and the back-end support as your data should have been routed to Start's servers and then onwards from there. 

I Plan to Stick Around

It was a THOMSON DCM476 on Cable.