cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable Guest Mode on Ignite TV Modem/Router

jj59
I Plan to Stick Around

How to enable guest mode on new rogers Ignite TV modem/router?

**Labels Added**

66 REPLIES 66

Re: Enable Guest Mode on Ignite TV Modem/Router

Eddiepet
I Plan to Stick Around

Glad I thought to look for this answer just before pulling the trigger on an "upgrade" to Ignite.  Not having a network for guests is not an upgrade, it's a liability.  No sale.  Putting the new modem into bridge mode so you can run your own network kills off the wireless set top boxes, so again, that's not the upgrade it's made out to be.  No sale.   Thanks to all the contributors.

Bplayer
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@EddiepetYou do not have to put the Ignite router into bridge mode to use a second router for guest mode or IOT devices that you would like separate from your primary network. I repurposed an old router that I had sitting around for this purpose. No changes to the primary and everything works fine.

You can pickup a perfectly suitable used ASUS router for under $50.

jj59
I Plan to Stick Around
The point is you shouldn’t have to do that. You are already paying good money for service and you are forced to use Rogers modem/router. I shouldn’t have to pay more to get my system to work especially with Rogers saying they are pro-security and their big push for the best wifi out there.

Biollw
I'm a Trusted Contributor

"Putting the new modem into bridge mode so you can run your own network kills off the wireless set top boxes"

No it does not kill wireless Xi6 boxes. Running that way now.

It's really just an annoyance piled up with the other functionalities that are missing that most other services (including Rogers non-Ignite) have. Yes, I can run in bridge mode but I'd really rather not have another device running.
-guest network
-setting DNS for DHCP
-device whitelist (which used to be available as late as December when they removed it!)

I really do like the Ignite TV service, but the Internet is annoying... I have to confess, between price and functionality, I would definitely consider Fibe.  Ignite TV is the only thing that prevents it from being a no-brainer.