cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Faster, Yet Slower Than Bell In An Important Area

Safwaan
I've been here awhile
Had our new router installed on Wednesday, November 15, 2023. Right off the bat I had higher latency in games compared to Bell, which is annoying since it now feels like I'm playing on a different server entirely. No point in having faster internet if the latency makes it feel sluggish. When the person who sold it to us came over, he advertised it claiming they installed commercial lines in our neighborhood so the speeds and stability should be very good, including the range of the network. It's no different from the wifi I had with Bell. I still can't step out of the house with more than one bar of wifi. The router also restarted on its own on the first night. Would love for it to perform how it was advertised, otherwise I should stick with Bell.
1 REPLY 1

Re: Internet Faster, Yet Slower Than Bell In An Important Area

RogersTony

Hello, @Safwaan 

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can imagine how frustrating it is trying to game online with high latency. We definitely want to take a closer look at this with you.

Can you provide us with a ping test and trace route when you notice the issue happening? You can find the specific steps required here

We look forward to reviewing your results.

RogersTony

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation