Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

When I tried to activate my Apple Watch 3 yesterday the Watch App initially allowed me the option to get the process started, but then quickly failed.  I called Tech support who couldn't address it although they said I qualified to add the Watch to my account.  The problem was escalated to a higher level.  The higher-ups also couldn't solve it and it was finally escalated on a "we will text you within 72 hours once resolved" basis.  So it has only been a day now. 

Interestingly however, now, when I go into the Watch App now under Cellular, the option to start cellular activation is now GRAYED OUT with this message, "Your Rogers account is not eligible to enable cellular on your Apple Watch. Contact Rogers for more information.". This is weird, because it is just wrong.  I have a regular family plan with Rogers and I was also told it is fine to add the Watch. So what is this Rogers?

I Plan to Stick Around

Error WS509 was "Your watch has been activated but the plan can't be linked to your device" or something like that anyway but the point is we shouldn't bothering to decode the error it's up to Rogers to have their stuff together so we don't see any errors.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You’re right it’s not our problem but we’re the ones that have to wait/put extra effort into trying to activate our watch.

I’m just trying to compile a list of all error codes and what’s been resolved to help the tech team and people over at Rogers that are trying to figure out this whole fiasco. Also to help fellow customers.

Also I agree with you that the picture captcha process is absolutely ridiculous and a massive waste of time from a customers standpoint. Especially when you have to do it about 100 times through all the various error codes we’ve been receiving

I've Been Here Awhile

Same problem as others have reported: can't get past 911 screen. Continue button is greyed out.

Good evening Community,

For those of you who encounter problems with the 9-11 Address step, please have a look at post 15, located on page 2.

Make sure to avoid entering your whole address on the first line.

The address fields are actually broken up between street NUMBER (line 1) and street NAME (line 2).

@rflats771 - Were you able to resolve the linking issue following the steps provided on Monday?

We appreciate the feedback we get from all of you!

Thank you for your patience and understanding while our offline teams work on your tickets.

RogersMaude

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thanks Maude

I just tried my luck again. Entered everything perfectly in the 911 address page, pressed continue and still got the WS300 error on the next page.

Every time we get past the T&Cs page, a line is reserved on our account (that was the cause of my ws201 error a few nights ago as I reached my limit between actual accounts on my line and reserved accounts). I’ll hang tight until this gets resolved and not try anymore because every time I try I’ll need a rep to delete the reserved line(s) lol

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Maude. :-)

Any word for those of us encountering a WS300 error right after step 2? (Login to Rogers account.)
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks RogersMaude, that tip helped get past the 911 screen. 

Also, activation worked for me just now. No errors. Made a successful call from the Apple Watch with iPhone in airplane mode. 

Steps I had taken: network carrier settings reset; restart iPhone; remove and re-install Watch app on phone; unpair and re-pair watch (do not choose restore from backup option -- yes, annoying); then on 911 screen, enter street number on first line and street address on second line. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Maude...

Any news for the people who are getting the WS504 error messages after accepting the Roger agreement? Would really like to get this going!

Thanks,

Josh

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I’ve posted this before but might as well post again:

WS300 and WS504 both refer to the same thing as far as potential causes are concerned. There must be differences between the two but the general causes are as follows:

- System is down for maintenance
- Connection issues between the app and the system/server

The most logical explanation would be a constant connection issue but the fact that different users seem to be getting error codes at the same point in the process (specific to their line) it leads me to believe that there’s something else at play.

For instance I’m always getting ws300 after the 911 page whereas another user always gets it right after the picture captcha. So perhaps there’s a common issue at play but it manifests itself at different points in the activation process depending on individual user accounts?