cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

OK so the system is now live.  You should get a pop up asking if you'd like to update the carrier settings.  Click Yes

Then you go back to your watch app and 'setup cellular' is active.  I was able to get all the way to the 911 address screen but for some reason the 'continue' button is greyed out even when I enter my full address.  So not sure what's going on with that.  But I was able to get like 2 steps from the finish lol

***Added Labels***

603 REPLIES 603

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

I have the exact same error message. I can't get past the first step. "Set Up Cellular" is Grayed out too with the same message "Your rogers account is not eligible". Tech support ticket opened and they still can't figure it out.

rflats771
I plan to stick around

@nasa25 Oh yeah, something would be nice unfortunately the more likley scenario is a bunch of us will be  fighting the 30$ activation fee, even though we activated online.

rodrigp
I've been around
Exact same problem for me as well

rflats771
I plan to stick around

@stevencwong_1 Do you have a business account? If not rack another failure mode.

WillyWozy
I've been here awhile

I went into the watch app on the phone and went to cellular and went from there. In 30 minutes I was done and left the phone behind and went for a job, was heaven. I guess I was lucky from the sounds of things. 

nasa25
Lol yup

I have a chat transcript where retentions told me that if I activated online (including watches via the watch app) there’d be no activation charge. You can bet your bottom dollar I’ll be breaking that out to get my $30 credit for both my AW3 and AW4 activations.

We DEFINITELY earned it.

nasa25
@WillyWozy

You were able to get through the entire process in one go without any error codes? If so we are all jealous lol

rflats771
I plan to stick around

@WillyWozy, Yes, you very lucky, probably the only person the activation process has worked for properly the first time.

nasa25
@rflats771 yup. I know one person on another board (RFD) that said he was able to get his activated without issue at around 5pm on Monday, but that’s it.

2 people out of tons! Lol.

rflats771
I plan to stick around

@nasa25 Hilarious and almost tragic!

pbrox77
I plan to stick around

Just called to get an update, spoke to a Tech, no updates yet as it could take up to 7 business days since the ticket was opened. He also mentioned that WS300 may be an issue as the phone was purchased from apple store instead of the Rogers store which is the reason I’m getting that error. In his past experience same thing had cropped when wifi calling was first initiated and all the non Rogers apple phones were having issues connecting to Rogers wifi calling network. Don’t know how true that it but its what I just heard from the guy at Rogers.

Hopefully this gets corrected soon.

rflats771
I plan to stick around

@pbrox77 7 days to get this fixed is complete garbage, I haven't heard of iPhones purchased directly from Apple causing problems with activations with Telus or Bell.

nasa25
@pbrox77

What that guy told you is a massssssive stretch

My X, shipped to me by Rogers at launch last year would dispute the notion that all Rogers purchased phones shouldn’t be getting the WS300 error. The iPhones will be the EXACT same regardless of where they were purchased. Rogers purchased iPhones all come unlocked, same as Apple purchased iPhones.

It seems like the process fails even before the stage that the Rogers network tries to communicate with the watches. The fact that a couple people have randomly been able to activate without issue is even more baffling. Rogers should be able to run a test and have access to the backend to see why these activations are failing (which is what they should have done in the first place - you know - beta testing months before rolling this thing out)

Lol

rflats771
I plan to stick around

@nasa25 I thought all iPhoneXs purchased from Apple directly had a e-sim plus the nano-sim, I may be wrong entirely, they were definitely the 2nd model X( The model for Verizon originally that had the Quallcom modem)

nasa25
Funny story I was venting in one of my other forums about this activation debacle and someone said that Telus had the exact same issue last year.

Took them about a week to resolve activation issues when they rolled out cellular service to business users and users on employee pricing plans. I think their consumer rollout went smoothly though.

nasa25
@rflats771 hmmm I thought only the XS and XS Max have embedded esims.

Last years X didn’t have that to the best of my knowledge but I could be wrong.

rflats771
I plan to stick around

@nasa25 I thought it was only iPhone Xs purchased from Apple directly, I'm really not sure, I thought I heard about it on Howardforums? (shrug)

nasa25
Hmmm yeah. I’ll have to look further into that.

Alexdurmann1
I've been here awhile
Just tried it again early this morning. Originally I was getting a ws516 or ws300 code even just at the captcha. Worked like a charm at 6:15am!! About time Rogers figures it out

rflats771
I plan to stick around
@Alexdurmann That's great news! It's about time Rogers gets their p00p in a group! Hopefully this is a upward trend.

nasa25
Good to hear of another successful activation.

I’ve never even heard of the ws516 code lol