cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

OK so the system is now live.  You should get a pop up asking if you'd like to update the carrier settings.  Click Yes

Then you go back to your watch app and 'setup cellular' is active.  I was able to get all the way to the 911 address screen but for some reason the 'continue' button is greyed out even when I enter my full address.  So not sure what's going on with that.  But I was able to get like 2 steps from the finish lol

***Added Labels***

603 REPLIES 603

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

So I have been trying to activate my Apple Watch LTE data since yesterday PM.  At first I would get to the E911 address entry form but have the "Continue" button greyed out.  Each time I had to cancel out.  Now, instead of the E911 address entry form after accepting the E911 ToC I only get Error WS504 page.  Opened ticket #C136561095 with support.  Initially I was told it will take 24 - 72 hours for resolution, but usually it is closer to 24 hours.  Now, I am told a case like this can take up to 7 days.  

Rogers: do you see the irony of this situation?  First you keep your loyal customers waiting for months to implement the support for Apple Watch LTE.  Then you announce the support and it does not work!  I hope you can do better...

brianewebb1
I plan to stick around
Same error, same technical support in 72 hours from now or so - I’ll believe it when I see it.
“It is what it is” quoting level 1 support person.
Unprofessional for Rogers to launch something and not support it.

nasa25

I don't think we've seen anything yet

Grab the popcorn and head down to your local Rogers store on Friday morning for AW4 launch/activation

It'll be a sight to behold!  Those in store reps will have a full head of grey hair by about 5pm on Friday afternoon.  

A_E_C
I plan to stick around
Update: WS300 error is now immediate upon answering the picture captcha. For most of the day today and all yesterday, it would try for 60 seconds or so before throwing up a WS300.

nasa25
Was just on a chat. No update on the ws300/ws504 error code resolution.

My activation still errors out after the 911 page.

Although BOTH the ws300 and ws504 codes have the same causes:

1. App Maintenance
2. Communication issues between the app and the server.

Since we haven’t been given any indication that the app is down for maintenance, I’m guessing it’s due to reason 2 (communication issues). With that being said there’s nothing we can do but wait for the network team to resolve the issue. Sucks but not much can do at this point.

rflats771
I plan to stick around

Welll I'm failing with error WS509, this is absolute nonsense! Why is Rogers saying they support the watch when they don't they have had a year plus since the AW3 came out to implement it and they only support it in name only.

Also, the whole sign up process is ridiculous with having to sign in manually then the awful, time wasting picture captcha process then having to fill in the stupid 911 address form without autofill and then format it EXACTLY only to have the whole process fail AGAIN! It is almost abusive!

Rogers needs to really spend money on the network, which clearly they haven't .

nasa25
Lol WS509?

That’s a new one. I can’t keep up with all these codes.

kirvanp
I've been here awhile

No improvements today. They responded to my ticket from yesterday with a phone message to call tech support. 

I do notice that the Rogers reps are no longer posting platitudes to this thread, so perhaps they've accepted that it really us busted and no, its not the user's fault.

guest2323424
I'm here a lot

When I tried to activate my Apple Watch 3 yesterday the Watch App initially allowed me the option to get the process started, but then quickly failed.  I called Tech support who couldn't address it although they said I qualified to add the Watch to my account.  The problem was escalated to a higher level.  The higher-ups also couldn't solve it and it was finally escalated on a "we will text you within 72 hours once resolved" basis.  So it has only been a day now. 

Interestingly however, now, when I go into the Watch App now under Cellular, the option to start cellular activation is now GRAYED OUT with this message, "Your Rogers account is not eligible to enable cellular on your Apple Watch. Contact Rogers for more information.". This is weird, because it is just wrong.  I have a regular family plan with Rogers and I was also told it is fine to add the Watch. So what is this Rogers?

rflats771
I plan to stick around

Error WS509 was "Your watch has been activated but the plan can't be linked to your device" or something like that anyway but the point is we shouldn't bothering to decode the error it's up to Rogers to have their stuff together so we don't see any errors.

nasa25
You’re right it’s not our problem but we’re the ones that have to wait/put extra effort into trying to activate our watch.

I’m just trying to compile a list of all error codes and what’s been resolved to help the tech team and people over at Rogers that are trying to figure out this whole fiasco. Also to help fellow customers.

Also I agree with you that the picture captcha process is absolutely ridiculous and a massive waste of time from a customers standpoint. Especially when you have to do it about 100 times through all the various error codes we’ve been receiving

otint
I've been here awhile

Same problem as others have reported: can't get past 911 screen. Continue button is greyed out.

Good evening Community,

For those of you who encounter problems with the 9-11 Address step, please have a look at post 15, located on page 2.

Make sure to avoid entering your whole address on the first line.

The address fields are actually broken up between street NUMBER (line 1) and street NAME (line 2).

@rflats771 - Were you able to resolve the linking issue following the steps provided on Monday?

We appreciate the feedback we get from all of you!

Thank you for your patience and understanding while our offline teams work on your tickets.

RogersMaude

nasa25
Thanks Maude

I just tried my luck again. Entered everything perfectly in the 911 address page, pressed continue and still got the WS300 error on the next page.

Every time we get past the T&Cs page, a line is reserved on our account (that was the cause of my ws201 error a few nights ago as I reached my limit between actual accounts on my line and reserved accounts). I’ll hang tight until this gets resolved and not try anymore because every time I try I’ll need a rep to delete the reserved line(s) lol

A_E_C
I plan to stick around
Hi Maude. 🙂

Any word for those of us encountering a WS300 error right after step 2? (Login to Rogers account.)

otint
I've been here awhile

Thanks RogersMaude, that tip helped get past the 911 screen. 

Also, activation worked for me just now. No errors. Made a successful call from the Apple Watch with iPhone in airplane mode. 

Steps I had taken: network carrier settings reset; restart iPhone; remove and re-install Watch app on phone; unpair and re-pair watch (do not choose restore from backup option -- yes, annoying); then on 911 screen, enter street number on first line and street address on second line. 

Jvb2112
I plan to stick around

Hi Maude...

Any news for the people who are getting the WS504 error messages after accepting the Roger agreement? Would really like to get this going!

Thanks,

Josh

nasa25
I’ve posted this before but might as well post again:

WS300 and WS504 both refer to the same thing as far as potential causes are concerned. There must be differences between the two but the general causes are as follows:

- System is down for maintenance
- Connection issues between the app and the system/server

The most logical explanation would be a constant connection issue but the fact that different users seem to be getting error codes at the same point in the process (specific to their line) it leads me to believe that there’s something else at play.

For instance I’m always getting ws300 after the 911 page whereas another user always gets it right after the picture captcha. So perhaps there’s a common issue at play but it manifests itself at different points in the activation process depending on individual user accounts?

nasa25
@otint glad to hear you’re up and running.

Even though I don’t get the greyed out continue button on the 911 screen I tried part of your process. Reset my carrier settings, rebooted the phone and watch and tried again.

Didn’t work - same ws300 error. I can’t bring myself to having to unpair and repair my watch so Rogers will have to sort out the issue without me going through that long step. Good to hear you’re sorted though.

Did you actually ever see an error code or the 911 page continue button was just always greyed out and you had to cancel the process?

nasa25
Anyone brave enough to:

-reset cellular network settings
- reboot their phone
- unpair their watch
- delete the watch app
- reinstall the watch app
- re-pair their watch (as a new device)

????

Very curious to see if that’ll solve the WS300 error but I don’t have the appetite to spend an hour unpairing and repairing my watch.

A_E_C
I plan to stick around
Just finished doing that. Made exactly zero difference. Still getting a WS300 error right after step 2. 😞