Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

@otint glad to hear you’re up and running.

Even though I don’t get the greyed out continue button on the 911 screen I tried part of your process. Reset my carrier settings, rebooted the phone and watch and tried again.

Didn’t work - same ws300 error. I can’t bring myself to having to unpair and repair my watch so Rogers will have to sort out the issue without me going through that long step. Good to hear you’re sorted though.

Did you actually ever see an error code or the 911 page continue button was just always greyed out and you had to cancel the process?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Anyone brave enough to:

-reset cellular network settings
- reboot their phone
- unpair their watch
- delete the watch app
- reinstall the watch app
- re-pair their watch (as a new device)

????

Very curious to see if that’ll solve the WS300 error but I don’t have the appetite to spend an hour unpairing and repairing my watch.

I Plan to Stick Around

Just finished doing that. Made exactly zero difference. Still getting a WS300 error right after step 2. :-(
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thanks for taking one for the team Sir Smiley Happy

I owe you a coffee for saving me at least 30 min to an hour. I think otint’s issue didn’t display any error codes so it seemed to be different than ours (theirs was a greyed out continue button at the 911 step)

I’ve been told that the resolution for WS300 is still TBD. Tech support is working on it as we speak.

I Plan to Stick Around

And as I expected, it didn’t work.

Error: WS300

It didn’t work..
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Quiet day on the WS error code resolution front so far.  

Tomorrow should be fun

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Aahhhh I get the meaning of this article for linking your apple watch with you EXISTING smartwatch plan now.

This is for if you already have a smartwatch plan (for say a series 3) but want to use the same plan on your series 4 (say you're upgrading watches).  You wouldn't need a new plan....just unpair your series 3, pair your series 4 and 'activate cellular' but instead of choosing a new plan, you'd chose your existing smartwatch line.  Makes sense.  

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/link-apple-watch-to-iphone

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Was just on a chat with tech support

He suggested that I use my middle initial on the first line of the 911 address page as that's how they have it in their system.  STILL DIDN"T WORK.  Oh well.

So the moral of the story is, if you have a middle initial on your rogers profile, include that on the first line of the 911 page.  Maybe that will solve your problem or maybe it wont.  

I Plan to Stick Around

I was so excited today. Got a call from Rogers 2nd level support. Said WS error was fixed and I was good.
Tried to buy the data plan and failed again after T & C. Good grief. Back to a higher level of support apparently.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@brianewebb1 which WS error?  ws504?

I was told that WS504 was fixed.  Are you getting WS300 now?  

To the best of my knowledge, WS300 is the only one that's still o/s