Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

The step after I choose the plan for the smart watch $10/month get selected and then I continue and then it’s says that something went wrong and if the problem persist I should contact Rogers. Error Code: WS300
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just used 1 of my 4 tries before the system locks me out again.  Felt like playing my luck.  

Did everything perfectly.  Pressed continue on the 911 address page and....BOOM 

WS300 error.  

What an absolute joke.  The amount of time and effort I've poured into this activation is probably worth about one years cost of Apple watch cellular service.  

I'm Here A Lot

So I have been trying to activate my Apple Watch LTE data since yesterday PM.  At first I would get to the E911 address entry form but have the "Continue" button greyed out.  Each time I had to cancel out.  Now, instead of the E911 address entry form after accepting the E911 ToC I only get Error WS504 page.  Opened ticket #C136561095 with support.  Initially I was told it will take 24 - 72 hours for resolution, but usually it is closer to 24 hours.  Now, I am told a case like this can take up to 7 days.  

Rogers: do you see the irony of this situation?  First you keep your loyal customers waiting for months to implement the support for Apple Watch LTE.  Then you announce the support and it does not work!  I hope you can do better...

I Plan to Stick Around

Same error, same technical support in 72 hours from now or so - I’ll believe it when I see it.
“It is what it is” quoting level 1 support person.
Unprofessional for Rogers to launch something and not support it.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I don't think we've seen anything yet

Grab the popcorn and head down to your local Rogers store on Friday morning for AW4 launch/activation

It'll be a sight to behold!  Those in store reps will have a full head of grey hair by about 5pm on Friday afternoon.  

I Plan to Stick Around

Update: WS300 error is now immediate upon answering the picture captcha. For most of the day today and all yesterday, it would try for 60 seconds or so before throwing up a WS300.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Was just on a chat. No update on the ws300/ws504 error code resolution.

My activation still errors out after the 911 page.

Although BOTH the ws300 and ws504 codes have the same causes:

1. App Maintenance
2. Communication issues between the app and the server.

Since we haven’t been given any indication that the app is down for maintenance, I’m guessing it’s due to reason 2 (communication issues). With that being said there’s nothing we can do but wait for the network team to resolve the issue. Sucks but not much can do at this point.

I Plan to Stick Around

Welll I'm failing with error WS509, this is absolute nonsense! Why is Rogers saying they support the watch when they don't they have had a year plus since the AW3 came out to implement it and they only support it in name only.

Also, the whole sign up process is ridiculous with having to sign in manually then the awful, time wasting picture captcha process then having to fill in the stupid 911 address form without autofill and then format it EXACTLY only to have the whole process fail AGAIN! It is almost abusive!

Rogers needs to really spend money on the network, which clearly they haven't .

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Lol WS509?

That’s a new one. I can’t keep up with all these codes.

I've Been Here Awhile

No improvements today. They responded to my ticket from yesterday with a phone message to call tech support. 

I do notice that the Rogers reps are no longer posting platitudes to this thread, so perhaps they've accepted that it really us busted and no, its not the user's fault.