cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

OK so the system is now live.  You should get a pop up asking if you'd like to update the carrier settings.  Click Yes

Then you go back to your watch app and 'setup cellular' is active.  I was able to get all the way to the 911 address screen but for some reason the 'continue' button is greyed out even when I enter my full address.  So not sure what's going on with that.  But I was able to get like 2 steps from the finish lol

***Added Labels***

603 REPLIES 603

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

wimp1946
I plan to stick around
I got right to the end then it gave me an error code WS503 go figure hope this is solved soon

wimp1946
I plan to stick around
I agree I think it is their system

wimp1946
I plan to stick around
I got the same type of problem when I tried to activate my watch I got right to the end then it gave me a WS503 code. I went to a local Rogers store to see if they could activate it. They fiddled around for about an hour trying various things nothing worked they finally told me there was nothing they could do it is pretty frustrating for sure I looked into Telus maybe I will have to switch as they don't seem to be having a problem

wimp1946
I plan to stick around
I agree because they do not seem to no whats going on in their retail stores either they offer no help

wimp1946
I plan to stick around
don't bother into a store I went in to one on Saturday morning and they couldn't help either they had no clue very frustrating

wimp1946
I plan to stick around
I bought mine outright at the apple store. I tried activating it through the website but it gave me a WS503 error. Went to the Rogers store on Saturday they couldn't do anything for me no explanation after trying over an hour to activate the watch. Gave me no ETA of a fix or anything so I am sure they are holding back orders until they get this sorted out. I think they are losing customers because if it

brianewebb1
I plan to stick around
And so it failed today. No error messages. Just activate a Rogers plan and the current plan says it’s not active.

nasa25
@brianewebb1

Do you see your Rogers plan under a section titled ‘not in use’ in the cellular section on the iPhone Watch app?

nasa25
@wimp1946

Yup the in store Rogers reps wouldn’t be able to give you any better support than what the online tech support is able to provide. Just open a ticket with them.

I think now it’s just a waiting game. The system is clearly broken in multiple areas and needs to be fixed. We’ve all been banging our heads against the wall trying to get things to work but it’s a futile effort until the Rogers network staff work all the bugs out of the system

RANGRO
I've been here awhile
I am having ws300 error since Saturday.
Please help me what did you do differently.

nasa25

@RANGRO which step are you getting the error at?

Also, in all honesty, I'd just wait until the system is totally fixed.  I activated my watch at around 8pm on Saturday and tested the connection for a couple minutes.  Everything was working.  

Woke up on Sunday morning and my connection was dropped.  Haven't been able to get it back since then.  So I got to use the cellular on my watch for a whopping 2 minutes lol

I think at this point we all just need to wait until they completely fix what is an obviously broken system.  No point in having the activation go through if the watch can't maintain cellular service don't you think?  

brianewebb1
I plan to stick around
No. Support says the line is active, but the watch can’t pick up the signal.

nasa25

@brianewebb1 so under the cellular section of your Watch app, you see the rogers connection along with all of your apple watch apps and the data used on the watch to date?

wimp1946
I plan to stick around
Yes I agree I talked to a Rogers agent via chat line told him my error code was WS503. He surmised that my credit credentials were expired or not up to date. He did a credit check and updated everything and he said I was good to go for my watch activation. Told me to reboot my watch and phone. Tried to activate after and got the same error code. What gives !!!!

nasa25

@wimp1946  I don't think WS503 is a credit issue.  

WS201 was the code thrown if your credit profile wasn't up to date or if you've reached the limit on # of approved lines.  I don't think WS503 has been solved yet to the best of my knowledge.  

wimp1946
I plan to stick around

I agree as they updated my credentials and it still gives me the WS503 code

wimp1946
I plan to stick around
I get the error code on the very last step

nasa25

@wimp1946  are you inputting the 911 address data correctly?

number on first line

street name on 2nd line

unit/apt number on 3rd line

space between first and last 3 digits of postal code 

wimp1946
I plan to stick around
Well I went another round with the chat agent guys. They told me to completely reset my phone (iphone xs Max) which i did. They thought it may be the 911 address setting that didn't fix anything. So now they escalated the error code WS503 they give me a ticket number and said that they would get back to me in a few days when their tech guys can find out what's the problem I do not think it is anything we are doing I think the problem is with their network just saying

wimp1946
I plan to stick around
I do not think they can do anything for you until they get their network problems fixed I escalated my WS503 error And I have a repair ticket with them. They said they will get back to me in a couple days when the have everything sorted out.

RANGRO
I've been here awhile
I am going to switch to bell or telus