cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

OK so the system is now live.  You should get a pop up asking if you'd like to update the carrier settings.  Click Yes

Then you go back to your watch app and 'setup cellular' is active.  I was able to get all the way to the 911 address screen but for some reason the 'continue' button is greyed out even when I enter my full address.  So not sure what's going on with that.  But I was able to get like 2 steps from the finish lol

***Added Labels***

603 REPLIES 603

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

A_E_C
I plan to stick around
Update: still getting WS300 right after providing credentials at step 2.

I called Rogers yet again and all I could get out of them is that my ticket is in progress and they are investigating. 😞

FYI, both my iPhone X and Apple Watch 3 were bought outright at the Apple Store in Canada.

This is really starting to frustrate me. I would really like a formal statement from Rogers as to the nature of the problem and an ETA for resolution.

brianewebb1
I plan to stick around
Power the watch and phone down and restart.lf you haven’t it may help.

A_E_C
I plan to stick around
Already tried the power off/on method, as have numerous others on the forum. Also did the unpair and re-pair of the watch as a new device.

Rogers has already admitted that it’s a problem on their end.

Reed1
I've been around
I have same problem same error code.. does not make it past reading agreements.. please let me know if u got this resolved

rflats771
I plan to stick around

@reed 1 I don't know how many have had successful activations but I'd wager it's only around 10%, the only remedy it seems is to wait it out and try later unfortunately at the moment .

nasa25
One guy had an old inactive cable account on his profile and that was causing the activation not to go through LOL

So much randomness. Can’t even believe it.

rflats771
I plan to stick around

@nasa25 At this point one of Rogers empty suits should be falling on his figurative sword, they really did jack and squat for testing, a dead cable TV account ??Lol

this is very important! I also got it to work by selecting and deselecting canada and my province too... the it finally worked

This happened to me also. The fix was for tech support to “reset my celullar line” by turning off both my phone and the watch and then they do that. After that I was no longer greyed out, but now it just fails with ws300 error anyway.

So this morning my cellular option was greyed out in the app with a message that the account is ineligible for Watch LTE. However, after resetting both the phone and the watch the activation process sailed through smoothly and I now seem to have LTE service on the Watch. Time to pop some bubbly!

brianewebb1
I plan to stick around
If I ever see another traffic light, crosswalk or car I’ll scream. However I tried in one more time this am. No resets and I activated the cellular!!!!

venancio
I've been around

1.  get the watch, paired and synched first.

2. begin the cellular activation of your acct thru your iphone.

3. on the agreement portion, you'll notice that the 911 heading is red. tap and scroll thru all of the headings, check the box to show you agree, then continue.

4. you are now on the address portion of the 911. the country and province has a drop down menu, select the right info and tap on the portion where the info should correspond to.

5. you should be able to finish after hitting continue.

... yeah, i don't usually use caps

@nasa25 wrote:

OK so the system is now live.  You should get a pop up asking if you'd like to update the carrier settings.  Click Yes

Then you go back to your watch app and 'setup cellular' is active.  I was able to get all the way to the 911 address screen but for some reason the 'continue' button is greyed out even when I enter my full address.  So not sure what's going on with that.  But I was able to get like 2 steps from the finish lol

***Added Labels***

nasa25
Only for the first 20 minutes on Monday afternoon was the continue button greyed out. After that I get the red continue button but the next page is a ws300 error. Been like that for about 6 days now. I’m not going to bother trying again until Rogers figures it out

rk
I've been around

I was getting errors WS201 for two days.

Solved this problem thanks to one of the messages posted here earlier -- contacted customer support and asked them release the reserved line, there was one number taken (I am guessing from the earlier unsuccessful activation).

After the line was released I was able to activate the watch.

TheApprentice
I plan to stick around
I guess there’s no solution to error WS300 ?
Has anyone been able to get it resolved?

nasa25
Yup each time you get an unsuccessful activation (once you get to the T&Cs it becomes unsuccessful) it reserves a line to your account.

Once you max out your lines (between actual and reserved lines) it throws WS201

Glad you were able to activate the watch without getting a WS300 after the 911 address page like I’ve been getting for days

nasa25
@TheApprentice

Nope WS300 is the major one that’s not been solved yet

Bodisia
I plan to stick around

WS516, has anyone been receiving this error message?  Haven't seen anyone mention this one yet and it occurs as I click on "set up cellular" on phone in the watch app.  when I click on that it opens the my rogers login page and when I enter username/password it gives me the error message " Sorry, something went wrong" please try again later blah blah blah.

Rogers has sure f'd up this roll out and I'm so excited to tackle the WS300 error message once I get past this one

A_E_C
I plan to stick around
OMG! I was *FINALLY* able to get my AW3 activated on cellular! 😄

I just figured I would try again after dinner and worked perfectly. Very smooth with no hang ups, time outs or errors.

Everyone give it a shot. I was getting WS300 all week and I’m hoping that has been solved now for everybody else experiencing the same error.

nasa25
I think I’ve only heard of one instance of WS516. It’s somewhere in the pages and pages of posts in this thread lol

nasa25
Good to hear. Where were you getting the WS300 originally?

Edit - just saw it was after the credentials page. I keep getting it after the 911 address page.

I’m trying one more time. Wish me luck lol