Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

@nasa25 just think of the cluster if all the new iPhones were e-sim only!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Lol true. Although that ws300 is purely a technical error on their end. I’ve had multiple people look at my account and say everything looks perfect.

As far as this and all other Rogers failures are concerned, I think it comes down to one thing: $

They don’t want to spend the extra money to ensure everything goes smoothly (I.e see the activation server crashes almost every iPhone launch day). They’d just rather make their customers suffer and penny pinch to the max extreme.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Lmao if it were an esim iPhone launch and this was the case it would be a sight to behold!

I can’t wait to hear the stories from tomorrow mornings watch launch/activations. It’ll be entertaining for sure.

I Plan to Stick Around

@nasa25 yup could be ugly, kinda like a drunk falling flat on their face without trying to brace, just the wet smacking noise and teeth all over!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rflats771 lol yup.

Rogers saving grace is they probably only shipped about 100 or so series 4 watches out to the store (nation wide, based on reservation in progress numbers) so they’ve minimized their potential for ugliness. I could defintely see them holding back lots of shipments until the activation issue gets resolved.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thank goodness..I’m so fed up of this quietness on Rogers’ part for such an ugly launch execution..
I Plan to Stick Around

@pbrox77 @nasa25 it's better that any potential AW customers deal with limited availability than the activation issues.

I Plan to Stick Around

Just an update... I followed up on my ticket after the 72 hour time limit that Rogers gave me. “They’re still working on it.” was the response, so I pushed the rep for more details. He read out the escalations and apparently the backend problems have been raised to Apple for help.

Not totally certain I believe that, but at least things are moving.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It’s so weird. There’s at least 2 people in the AW4 reservation thread that said they had absolutely no problem activating their Apple Watch. Yet here we are days later and still no resolution.

The people that got theirs up and running without issue should go out and buy a lottery ticket lol. Luck is on their side.

I'm Here A Lot

Spent a third day on technical support trying to activate.  No dice although the people were very friendly and helpful.  Complete failure to activate and just WS300 even after a full reset of my cellular line. It was escalated to a 3rd level with a call back timeline of up to 7 DAYS!   Wow.  Somebody really messed up this launch if they are now telling their customers that they will see what can be done in a week.  It must be very frustrating for these people on the front lines of tech support trying to sort this out for people and not being able to really do anything.