Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

The Rogers Community Forums has always played an important role in providing important feedback regarding our products and services. We are excited to offer our users an opportunity to participate in a trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACSMR, CGN3ACR and CGN3AMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). This program is exclusive to registered users of the Rogers Community Forums (space is limited).

The new firmware includes the following features and enhancements:

• IPv6 enabled by default
  • Security enhancements
  • Fix to preserve LAN connectivity in case of HFC outage or loss of signal
  • Addition of Wi-Fi Survey functionality
  • Improved stability of WPS function
  • Improved Wi-Fi performance
  • Various minor GUI changes and improvements

If you are interested in participating, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps with the subject line “Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial”.  A member of our team will be in contact with you and provide you with further instructions.

We’re keen to receive feedback on this new firmware. Once you've received the new firmware, please provide your feedback directly in the FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial thread. 

Questions regarding this program can be posted below.

***Please note - you must be a registered user of the Rogers Community Forums in order to participate.  To register, please follow these steps.***

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

625 REPLIES 625

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

JonesDad
I've been here awhile

Would love to be able to get our Chromecast back up and running again!

MustafaZuber
I've been here awhile

chromecast still doesnt work with .27 firmware version. would like to know why and when it will be fixed.

JonesDad
I've been here awhile

Mine was working just fine until suddenly one day... makes me wonder what Rogers did to cause the change

Rogers did a widespread changeover to Casa CMTS in all areas.  I think its all changed over.

From what I recall, that's when the new firmware was required to be compatible with the new CMTS. 

They needed the new hardware to support gigabit services and the Gigabit routers.

JonesDad
I've been here awhile

Thank you for the explanation. To date, no one I have spoken to over the phone was able to provide me with a logical answer.

The question still remains as to if Rogers is actively aspiring to remidy the situation? It has been months.

@JonesDad, what situation are you referring to?

Can you have a look at the back of the modem, specifically the product sticker and let us know what model of CGN3 you have.  It will one of CGN3, CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR, CGN3ACSMR, or even possibly the gigabit CGNM-3552. 

Can you also log into the modem and check the Software Version (Firmware) that is loaded on the modem.  Please post that as well.

As was indicated by @jszentir Rogers has changed the Cable Modem Termination Systems (CMTS) from Cisco equipment to Casa Systems equipment.  The modems connect thru a local tap to the CMTS.  This equipment change was made to support gigabit rates and other yet to be announced services I presume.  This has required some firmware changes in some of the modems as well.

Chromecast connectivity was rectified in V4.5.8.22 which is the current network wide version for the CGN3ACSMRs.  If you have a CGN3ACR or CGN3AMR, I don't recall seeing any issues with Chromecast devices, but that isn't to say that the same problems exist in those modems as was seen in the CGN3ACSMR. 

jgascon
I've been here awhile

Hi,

Where can get request to update my current firmware version on CGN-3553 version 4.5.8.21 I have an issue on port forwarding and SSH from outside.

Thanks,

Hello, @jgascon

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Currently, we are offering 4.5.8.22 firmware version for CGNM3552 which has the fix to restore Chromecast functionality. 

If you would like to request the firmware, please send the CommunityHelps a private message to receive the firmware by following the steps below;

1. Click this link - CommunityHelps
  2. On the CommunityHelps' profile page which opens up, on the top right side click on "SEND THIS USER A PRIVATE MESSAGE"
  3. In the Message Subject box, please type in Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial and send the message

We will be in touch with you with further instructions until the firmware is deployed, thank you for your understanding.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

@jgascon wrote:

Hi,

Where can get request to update my current firmware version on CGN-3553 version 4.5.8.21 I have an issue on port forwarding and SSH from outside.

Thanks,

Hi jgascon,

I have seen this issue before and I think the problem is still present in the latest version. I will flag this issue (in the 2nd post of this thread) and report it internally.

You can still follow the instructions below to be part of the trial and you will receive the fix when it comes before it is officially rolled out in production.

Dave

jgascon
I've been here awhile

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the quick reply. I am not sure about the instructions to follow below. Do you have a form that I need to fill up to get this fixed? 

@jgascon have a look at message # 471 (top post) on the following page for instructions on requesting the trial version, 4.5.8.22.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/348...

When you are sending the private message as indicated in that post, also log into your modem and copy the HFC MAC address and modem Serial number and paste that into the message.  The HFC MAC Address and modem Serial Number can be found on the STATUS page that is displayed when you log into the modem.  The Cable Modem MAC Address and S/N can also be found on the back of the modem.

if i,m put on the beta firmware .27 and once it starts to be rolled out do we get the one thats been rolled out to the public or are we stuck on the beta firmware

@lethalsniper wrote:

if i,m put on the beta firmware .27 and once it starts to be rolled out do we get the one thats been rolled out to the public or are we stuck on the beta firmware

Lethalsniper,

There is no difference between the beta firmware .27 and the production deployment firmware. If you join the trial program, you will receive early access to firmware 4.5.8.27 (exactly the same that will be deployed in production).

The difference is that once we receive the next firmware (.28 or .29), you will receive it while everybody else will remain on .27 until the next firmware is ceritified.

Dave

amd7674
I plan to stick around

Hi Guys,

Are there any updates on .27 firmware for CGN-3553?  I'm using .22 at the moment.

Thanks in advance...

Martin

kaos7
I've been around

Hello, I was told on Twitter (@RogersHelps) to request a firmware update to my Hitron modem so that google/chrome cast can work again.

Thank you

nigelncwong
I plan to stick around

Hi, I will be getting the gigabit connection and a new modem tonight.

Do I need the trial firmware to have chromecast working or the regular one should be ok?

nigelncwong
I plan to stick around

Chand
I plan to stick around

Hello to all @ Rogers Community,

I just got a new Silver coloered CGN3AMR router from the rogers store as my earlier one CGN3ACSMR was giving me sum problems on the wireless part part of .

I wanted to know which is the latest version/ Beta version for CGN3AMR Hitron? I would like to try out the new version if available. Presently I have software ver 4.5.8.20 and the hardware version of 1A.

Thanks in advance.

mhs2
I plan to stick around

I'm currently on 4.5.8.27 beta firmware on my CGN3ACSMR on 100/10.  I'm going to be getting the 1000/50 package and I assume a new modem.  Do I have to notify anyone here, and is there a beta firmware for the gigabit modem?

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Nope, in terms of notifying anyone.  You can either swap the modem at the nearest Rogers store, or have a tech install it if you have already arranged it.  

There is a beta version for the CGNM-3552, but it has not been released to a large group as it results in a max upload rate of 20 Mb/s.  It does result in a reduced IPV4 ICMP ping time.  See the following thread for additional explanation:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/369...

Beyond the IPV4 ICMP ping time, that version also has a SIP/ALG enable/disable function for VOIP phones and a DNS IP address entry window for an IPV6 DNS address, which previous versions did not have.  Have a look at the following post for additional details.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/331...

At the very least you should request V4.5.8.22 if the modem does not have that loaded already. 

As I indicated this has not been released to a larger group, however, it can be requested.  It just depends on what you would prefer, the higher upload rates or lower ping.  

Have a look at message # 471 (top post) on the following page for instructions on requesting the trial version, 4.5.8.27 or V4.5.8.22 for the CGNM-3552.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/348...

When you are sending the private message as indicated in that post, also log into your modem and copy the HFC MAC address and modem Serial number and paste that into the message. The HFC MAC Address and modem Serial Number can be found on the STATUS page that is displayed when you log into the modem. The Cable Modem MAC Address and S/N can also be found on the back of the modem.

sat10
I've been around

Can I get this firmware.  I can't get  comcast to work and this was suggested as a remedy.