cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Old Coaxial Cable Removal

Keman58
I've been here awhile

I have a rental property in London Ontario where tenants contact providers for their services. I do NOT have an account at that property. As a property owner, I need to ensure the grounds are safe for my tenants and I cannot say that is currently true. There are old black coaxial wires scattered everywhere on the property and they are a liability and hazard to the tenants. They are attached to a post on the back of the property, and draped over some garages, some hanging so low that my tenants have gotten tangled in them and some dragging on the ground and attached to the building. I called Rogers the other day to have these old lines removed and after some time, was able to get an appointment for someone to come over. Well, A technician came by this morning and refused to remove the lines as he said that he does not do that type of work. He said that I had to call the Distribution Centre. I don't appreciate the runaround and am getting frustrated with Rogers. Who can I contact to have these lines removed? Thx!

*** Edited Labels *** 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Multiple Old Coaxial Cable Removal

RogersMaude

Good evening @Keman58,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for your post! Having your tenant's safety at heart is important so I understand where you're coming from.

To bury the cable line successfully, City permits and locates are required which are obtained by either the contractor assigned to the order or Rogers depending on the municipality i.e. In Toronto, Rogers will request for the City permits on behalf of the contractor. Replacing a damaged buried cable or a temporary cable line (if applicable) in a new Housing construction/development area will be a delayed until all constructions have been completed. Running cable through an existing conduit is an option but subject to clear access without blockage.

Do you know if a burial was already requested for those cables? The following steps explain how to check the status of a temporary line on your property.

Check status online:

1. Go to www.rogersoutdoorcable.com on your browser.
  2. Enter your Telephone NumberPostal Code, and Security Word, then click Submit.
  3. The status of the burial will appear below the Submit button.

For further assistance, you may reach out to us via private message so we can take a deeper look into this. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.

RogersMaude

Keman58
I've been here awhile

So, we had the second technician come this morning and told us that it wasn't his job to remove the cable wires. These are NOT buried  wires. These are main hub wires that are attached to an outdoor post and are DEAD and no longer is use. These are a liability on the property and must be removed. Who can we contact to have them removed? Thx! 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There are at least two types of technician that work for Rogers. There are the "inside" techs, who typically do everything inside the home and the small grey box on the outside of the home if applicable.  The "inside" techs may string a new line to your home if required depending on his capabilities and if it's above ground.  Then there are the "outside" technicians who take care of the nodes, main lines, etc.

When you call in, or PM the mods here, or chat, you need to make it very clear what you need done.

Just as an FYI, any technician who comes to your home should be able to arrange the next person if he can't do what you want, so that you don't have to do anything more since you already made at least one call.  Some of them are just lazy or perhaps incompetent.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation