cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Email Inaccessible

DanielShortt
I'm here a lot

What has happened to my Rogers email account?  After 20 years of being a Rogers customer, I suddenly can't access my email.  Yesterday it was accessible, today it's not.  What is going on? 

***Added Labels***

152 REPLIES 152

Re: Rogers Email Inaccessible

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just out of curiosity, I followed the directions outlined in the quote in post 91 of this thread regarding changing the PW. When I got to the change PW page I found the following:

Your password must be 7-32 characters containing at least 2 of the following character types: numbers, upper case, lower case, and special characters (! @ # $ % ^ *). Passwords cannot include spaces, or be the same as your username.

I had not encountered any issues since my PW already had 3 types, so I just left things alone...

I have no clue what my password is, I've had the same rogers e-mail account for 16 years, when I initially created it, it was under our family rogers line. Needless to say I don't live at home and am no longer with rogers, however I still use my @rogers.com account as my primary account. Everytime I try to access my account through rogersmembercentre I get the same error message "We're sorry, we're unable to validate your security questions at this time. I've been getting the same error code for about 3 years. can someone help me figure this out?

mthack1959
I'm here a lot

who is TUCK43?

I received an email from this person last week saying my inbox would be shutdown.

There was no OFFICIAL Rogers info on this page in the email

kuhnberg
I plan to stick around

Sounds like a phishing email.

there are so many phishing emails masking themselves as Rogers these days. How are supposed know when they send a legitimate one?

Their customer service regarding this entire issue is at an all time low

I still can't get email in OUTLOOK 2003 - NO i don't want to upgrade it - it worked fine up until 3pm on THursday

I also can't get it to work in Windows mail Windows 10

Greetings @whatnamecaniuse!

This does not sound like the issue that most users are encountering in this thread.

If you're still having issues after resetting your passwords, please PM us @CommunityHelps for further assistance. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mthack1959 wrote:

I still can't get email in OUTLOOK 2003 - NO i don't want to upgrade it - it worked fine up until 3pm on Thursday.  I also can't get it to work in Windows mail Windows 10

As mentioned, the topic under discussion in this particular thread has to do with Webmail and Passwords. Your issue is different.  Here's a thread on Outlook issues, however, I don't think you'll like the answer as older versions of Outlook are simply no longer supported. I had Outlook for Mac 2011, which is a lot newer than yours and was forced to upgrade to continue using Outlook.  One or two people were able to find "workarounds", but I got tired of banging my head against the wall and did the upgrade after many hours trying to find options here and on the web.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-Receive-Emails-on-Outlook/m-p/462441#M61401

Hello All ... the original poster here.  I am happy to say that I finally got into my email account yesterday, after letting it sit since my original post.  The password reset looked to be streamlined from what I initially encountered.  

I want to thank everyone who responded.  I appreciate all the comments, especially those that have been critical of Rogers; they certainly deserve it!  For those of you still having problems, I hope things get worked-out for you soon. 

AudreyS
I've been around
When will our Rogers email account be back up this is now over 5 days? This is ridiculous!

vlad468
I've been here awhile

@AudreyS 

I was told by Rogers Tech Support agent that helped me to reset my password that this is NOT being "fixed" ... YOU HAVE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD using the stronger rules. So don't hold your breath waiting. You may want to contact Tech Support (phone or chat) and have them do this for you.

I had to jump through many hoops to get this done because I did not remember my "secret answer", and my account had invalid info registered so Tech Support could not initially validate my identity. But after I got that updated Tech Support was able to help me (see post/message 103 (1 page back) for the steps I ended up having to go through, but I think for most people it will be simpler.

But I agree with you, the level of general disregard shown by Rogers to their user community is somewhat mind-blowing. In this day-and-age (especially with COVID going around) e-mail access is not just some convenience, it is often a life-line (eg. my wife was in the middle of getting needed medication approved when email stopped working and the outage delayed it unnecessarily).

Thank you Corey, for walking me through this process. My actual problem was a little different than most that have posted in this thread. I hope every one of you, are able to get back up and running again.

Any problems... Corey's your man. Take care. Thanks again!

Sraggs
I've been here awhile
I have the same issue... Been since last week and it's still not fixed

Hello, @Sraggs.

Thanks for joining this discussion and for your patience. Have you tried visiting the member centre and resetting the password? If for any reason, you can't reset the password, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

We look forward to resolving your email account login at the earliest.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Onyma
I've been around

So here's the problem.  If you can't get into your email you're supposed to reset it.  But if you can't log into the member center then you can't reset your password.  And you can't use a "forgot password" setting because it sends you an email to validate your access, but you can't get into your email.  It's a closed loop.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Onyma, please see the post above yours.

I had a problem accessing my email account back in November, and posted about it at that time.  My post generated a lot of interest and responses at the time ... it seems Rogers changed their password format at that time without notifying anyone.  I finally updated my password back on November 9th, and was able to access my email account again.  

After logging in with the new password a few times since then, I am AGAIN not able to get into my Rogers email account!  

Does anybody know what is going on?

Hello @DanielShortt!

We should try resetting your password again to see if that resolves it. If not, we'll need to submit an escalation to have your email account investigated for further issues.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

mrfix8
I've been around

Me too

I changed my email password and when I tried to log in after, it said my email or password is wrong.

As I tried to reset the password with forgot my password, I enter my security answer and it says
“We cannot validate your answer at this time. Please try again later”

Help.

Good morning @jl_bunting!

I responded to you in private yesterday to help with this email concern but have yet to receive an answer. Please respond back to us when you are available.

Regards,

RogersCorey

knicko
I've been around

Hi all, my first time using/posting here.  I believe my problems is related to this one, read I think all of the posts but don't see my exact situation. 2 accounts (husband/wife), same problem.

We too got locked out of email after ignoring a message that would appear when login in about having problems/suggesting to change password.  Called Rogers (several times in past several weeks) and got it working again - but only desktop.  Our email on both of our 2 Android Samsung tablets and 2 motog phones no longer work.  On the tablets we get "Cannot Validate Account" after putting in the password.  On phone we get "correct credentials are needed for..."

Spent over 2 hours on the phone with Rogers tech (x4), last one just said it was a problem with my device, one made me set up pop mail although the OS supports imap.  I have now removed mail from my tablet and got nowhere when trying to sent it up again.  Created an app password on my tablet, did nothing different (and from what I read I shouldn't need one).  It's like I'm stuck in a big loop no matter what I try.  I'm brought to the login screen, I type the password and get the cannot validate account.  If I try the generated password, I get that I either have the wrong email address or password.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I'm not super techie but normally I can figure things out, not this time 😞