cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Email Inaccessible

DanielShortt
I'm here a lot

What has happened to my Rogers email account?  After 20 years of being a Rogers customer, I suddenly can't access my email.  Yesterday it was accessible, today it's not.  What is going on? 

***Added Labels***

152 REPLIES 152

Re: Rogers Email Inaccessible

after changing my password, my android phone works, email within Rogers.Yahoo homepage works

OUTLOOK and Windows 10 DO NOT work - has something changed with the POP and SMTP settings?

melvin27
I've been here awhile

Same happened to me. On the only page you can get to, go to change your password. Change it. Rogers knocked us all out if we did not change our passwords recently. They must have had a breach. If it doesn't work , contact me

Treevdb
I've been here awhile

Can’t login to my Rogers email when I enter my password since Thu, Nov 5. I get an error “Sorry, we can’t find the username or password in our records. Pls try again. I can’t login from all my IOS devices. Why can’t I login?

Treevdb
I've been here awhile

I can’t login to my Rogers email since Nov 5, 2021, from my IOS devices. Why? I get this message when I tried to enter my password “Sorry, we can’t find the username and password in our records. Please try again.” When I tried to do a password recovery, and entered the correct info, I get a Security Validation message “We’re sorry, we are unable to validate your security answers at this time. Please try again later.” Why and when will Rogers fix this? Need this resolved ASAP!

melvin27
I've been here awhile

Can you get to the page manage my accounts. Thats the only page you can get to???

Dugi
I'm a senior contributor

I am truly amazed that we now have a 9-page thread on this issue and not one Rogers Rep has deemed it important enough to even bother to reply. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I just went to the Rogers "Manage E-mail Accounts" page and found the following information there:

You might be experiencing issues when logging in to your email account. As part of our efforts to ensure your account continues to be secure, we're asking you to reset your password. To change your password, click on “Manage Emails Accounts”, then click on “Account Information” followed by “Change Password”. We encourage customers to regularly change their passwords and to never use the same password on multiple sites or services.

I'm not sure why they don't provide a bit more information regarding "acceptable" passwords, but I guess this is a start.  Luckily, I haven't had any issues so far as my PW have 3 different types of characters.  Here are my additional comments.

1. If your PW was "weak" (for example abcdef) then you'll probably need to change it to something that has at least one upper case letter, one lower case letter, one number, one character like %, 7-8+ characters in total.  Most financial institutions require similar stronger PW, but they often show the strength of your existing PW and when you meet the needs of what they want. For example one of my Financial Institutions required 11 characters total of 4 different types...

2. For those of you who use devices, or e-mail clients, you'll likely need to create "App Passwords" for each.  Here's a link on how to set things up, see the dropdown on App PW at the bottom:

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/email-setup

I hope this helps.

Hello Community and thank you for all of your posts!

As mentioned above by our Resident Expert @57, you may be required to update your password for your Rogers Yahoo mail account. This is being done in an effort to help keep your information as safe and secure as possible. 

We encourage customers to regularly change their passwords and never use the same password on multiple sites or services. You can use the Change Password option inside the Member Centre to do this. If you are unable to log in to the Member Centre with your current password, you can also go through the Forgot Password process to reset your password. For assistance in resetting your password and for other answers to questions you may have about your Rogers Yahoo email service, please click  here.

In addition, we encourage all our customers to always:

• Avoid clicking on links or downloading attachments from suspicious emails.
  • Review account for any suspicious activity, and be cautious of unsolicited communications or web pages that ask for your personal information.

We hope this helps and we appreciate your understanding! 🙂

RogersLaura

Hey rogers.laura
I changed my password. It works on my phone but NOT in outlook or windows 10?
What else have you changed

Sraggs
I've been here awhile
Because I only have an email account as I've had this email since I was 16, I'm unable to access it through any accounts. I've tried to log into my parents Rogers account but my email is also not linked there. Not sure what to do here as I am unable to access through any portal to change my password.

Tiger99
I plan to stick around

For those of you who use devices, or e-mail clients, you'll likely need to create "App Passwords" for each.  Here's a link on how to set things up, see the dropdown on App PW at the bottom:

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/email-setup

I hope this helps.

Worked for me once changed password ... my guess is extra step probably needed on all passwords  changes going forward . This email did have a very weak password, I should have changed sometime ago. Other emails were better but good reminder to update them regularly.

lizkel
I've been here awhile

So why has rogers not issued a notification to its customers ahead of this change. Do you know how much grief this has caused. What was the reason for this sudden change. ROGERS SHOULD BE MORE FORTHCOMING WIT THIS INFORMATION!.

mike2277
I've been here awhile

This isn't working for me.   I get the message "We're sorry, we are unable to validate your security answers at this time. Please try again later"  

awasys
I've been here awhile

What worked for me was going to the chat with a virtual assistant. All you need is to type "live agent" and you will be put in the line to a live agent. Wait time was 10-15 minutes. After the agent answered, everything was very quick, we were able to reset an email password and at the same time an answer for the security question I could not get right. Have you rogers account number handy as well as the date and amount of the last pay.

Good luck!

John-Paul
I plan to stick around
Yes, Rogers started requiring a unique app password like 3 or 4 years ago. They sent out multiple emails about it.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet-Knowledge-Base/Updating-your-Rogers-Yahoo-Email-Setti...

John-Paul
I plan to stick around
Agreed, but I’m also surprised that no one has bothered to read even a page or two of this thread considering that the solution has been posted multiple times.

John-Paul
I plan to stick around
I appreciate that and I realize that you didn’t have any part in this decision process, but is there any way you can communicate to someone more senior at Rogers about how incredibly poorly this whole situation was handled? There was no communication from Rogers at all. People had to try and figure this out themselves. Even after logging in and being sent to your account profile page, there was no messaging on what to do.

My own experience with other services is that I either received an email telling me to change my password, or when I logged in I was taken to a page that explained that I needed to change my password.

On top of all this, this change seems to have not been communicated to tech support. When I reached out to Rogers tech support I receive conflicting answers from each person I spoke to. I got answers ranging from “everything is fine, just wait a bit and log in later” to “some people told me that changing their password fixed it, try that”.

It’s really frustrating and disappointing to see badly this whole thing has been handled from beginning to end.

Huttz
I'm here a lot
This whole thing has been handled in a very amateur way. I actually updated my password just a few weeks ago to a stronger 20+ characters with all the combinations of letters numbers and symbols etc. So there should be no reason why my account was shut down. On top of that there was no communication about this or any messaging on the yahoo mail webpage.

I believe that this is probably due to a large Rogers data breach and they just shut everything down and don’t want to say the reasoning for all of this nonsense.

Data breach or not, this is not how you handle things and leave your customers in the dark.

vlad468
I've been here awhile

So after 3 days of trying, 3 interactions with Tech Support and 3 visits to Rogers stores, I finally got my email working again. Here are some observations that may help some of you out there:

• my email log-in was failing and the "Forgot password?" link did not work. It returned an error message after I typed in my information saying "We're sorry, we are unable to validate your security answers at this time. Please try again later."   I kept trying for 3 days and gave up
  • I was getting same errors when attempting to log into the Members Centre as well, so I could not force the reset myself from there either
  • I gave up calling Rogers tech support and waiting on hold ... I got help by using the Live Chat with tech support (was about a 10 minute wait for me the 3 times I tried). If you can log into the "MyRogers" portal on rogers.com (where your billing information lives), there is a tab along the right edge (at least in my browser), click it, activate the chat, and type in "live agent" and wait for a real person
  • I was told by the second Tech Support agent I interacted with that YOU HAVE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD ... ROGERS IS NOT FIXING THIS BY ALLOWING YOUR OLD WEAK PASSWORD TO WORK AGAIN
  • Tech support was not able to do the reset for me the first time, because I could not remember my "secret answer" that was set 20 years ago when the email ID was set up
  • They tried to ask couple other questions to verify my identity but the info I gave did not match what they had on file. So they told me to go to the Rogers store with 2 pieces of ID and ask to have these added to my account 
  • The people in the store at first had no clue what I was asking and told me the email issue is a known problem, Rogers is working to solve it, and I should wait, but there was no outlook on when this would be resolved. So I waited another day ...
  • Finally the third time I went to the store store I got someone who understood. They had to update the actual billing account with this information, not the email account/ID. Turns out there was an error in my drivers license number they had on file (I guess 20 years ago someone transposed couple of digits when the account was set up). The store could not do the actual email password reset.
  • So I had to go back to Tech Support (again used the chat), explained the situation, they verified my new info and did the reset.
  • was immediately working in webmail and member centre (I verified while on chat).  Also now works on iPhone after I updated the mail account settings (is a newer version of iOS so I did not have to generate App Password, it just worked)

Hope this helps ... I am not sure if what Tech Support told me about Rogers not "fixing" the problem was factual, but I believe the agent. Sounds like they are just forcing everyone to do the password reset without having provided reasonable warning. So use whatever means works for you ... Member Centre (if you are logged in), "Forgot Password?" link (if it works for you), contact tech support (if you remember your secret answer, or have accurate identification info on your account), or go to the store as a last resort if you have to get identification info added/ updated on your account.

whatnamecaniuse
I've been here awhile

Well, after being a lurker of these forums for many years and being able to find and get the answers I need to fix an issue, this problem, is one for the record books! Everything I've read, I've tried and nothing has worked and I actually think I may have found (created) a "new" problem. I have 2 @rogers email accounts and I have changed both passwords on both @rogers email accounts, as well as changing the password for our Rogers Online Account/Billing (My Rogers).

As of this morning (Nov. 8th 2020) I can access both @rogers accounts, I can read both @rogers accounts, but I can't reply to an email, I can't check for new messages, I can't compose a new email, I can't choose a contact from the contact list, I cannot access/use the settings icon... nothing. Whatever and whenever I've tried to choose/click an action/icon, the webpage itself (what I'm looking at), automatically refreshes, but still have no access to anything other than reading an existing email after it does refresh. I would describe it as being stuck in a continuous loop. Once I'm reading an email, clicking on the back button/icon, it just remains there, unresponsive.

Any email I received before today, has "vanished". There are older emails "there", but they are "grayed" out and inaccessible. An easier explanation would be, it's like a hi-liter pen but you've used black instead of yellow. Furthermore, any emails that were kept in a "new folder" (keepers I've stored), they have completely "vanished". The folders themselves are gone and of course, so to have the stored emails in them.

I'm at a complete loss. What do I do now? How to fix it, how to reset it, how to recover the "lost" emails, how to anything... because right now, it's completely unusable. Any help, solutions, or feedback, is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Also of note, just to clarify my issues, when I am on the main-page of my emails (as added above), the setting icon is also unresponsive. The more puzzling issue in my particular case (which I'm sure holds some kind of key for a solution to the overall issues), is on the right-side of the main-page (where the advertisements are located), there is just a blank, empty box. No script, no code, no adverts. Nothing.

EDITED FOR CLARIFICATION

Treevdb
I've been here awhile

Update: 7:40 pm, Nov 8, 2021

After numerous attempts to accessing my Rogers email and failing, and reading the messages in this forum, I tried one of the tips posted and submitted my complaint via Rogers Chat. The tech rep via Chat was very helpful in fixing my email access problem after guiding me to answer a few questions through a series of online forms to validate my identity. After 40 mins later via Chat, I was able to reset my password successfully and finally access my email. What a frustrating and poor customer experience this has been. 

Rogers needs to do a better job in making it easier for customers to understand what is going on with their products or services, before shutting them down and making them inaccessible.