Cannot setup Port Forwarding using Ignite XB6 Modem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taab
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Cannot setup Port Forwarding using Ignite XB6 Modem

I currently have my XB6 modem in bridge mode while hooked up to a edgerouter x. In the past, having the CODA modem in bridge mode I could port forward perfectly fine on my egderouter x. However, for the XB6 modem I could be wrong, but I believe it's double Nated while in bridge. Do I need to un-bridge the xb6 modem and setup port forwarding rules on there and then bridge the modem? 

ProtoFam
I've Been Here Awhile

Screenshot_5.pngScreenshot_3.pngScreenshot_4.png

Hello, I am trying to perform a port forward for hosting a game server on my PC that is directly connected via ethernet to my Ignite Gateway, to no avail. Spent hours reading other posts here and no luck. I did read something about doing a factory reset but I'm not sure that's even an option now since to even set up or do a factory reset you have to go through the app  for this -- right back to square one as that'd bring me back to the latest firmware. Is there any other work around or something I'm missing? Please help me out... thank you.

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @ProtoFam!

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with setting up your Port Forwarding. Our modem's are configured in such a way that the majority of things will be approved via UPnP. I'm uncertain though as to why your device wouldn't be showing up though if connected via ethernet directly to the modem. 

Can you confirm for us if there was a period where this wasn't the case? 

Also have you spoken to support yet regarding this issue?

Thanks!

@RogersAndy

ProtoFam
I've Been Here Awhile

@RogersAndy

I've never had to or tried to port forward anything until now since switching to Rogers. I have not spoken to support yet regarding this issue.

SirChronocide
I've Been Here Awhile

I have both a Desktop connected directly via Ethernet (10.0.0.5) and a Laptop (10.0.0.6) connected via Wifi. NEITHER show up in the port forwarding list despite me disabling IPv6, checking the DHCP range to make they're within it (have the range set to 10.0.0.2 to 10.0.0.253).

I don't know how this is even possible considering my phone, my Nvidia Shield, and even my TESLA can be seen in the Port Forwarding list, but not the actual devices I'd want to forward to.

WHY on Earth would Rogers think it's a good idea to just REMOVE the ability to just TYPE IN THE ADDRESS of the device you want to forward? Fear of the devices IP changing after setting the port? Simple....don't allow devices without static IPs assigned to be forwarded...

RogersZia

Hi @SirChronocide,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, we'll be happy to pass this information on to the developers.

RogersZia

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Are those devices getting their IP addresses via DHCP? or are they hard coded?

My desktop was hard coded, and had a forward on it.
But we just replaced the modem and had to set up the forwarding again..

But was not able to find my desktop on the list of devices.
I flipped it over to DHCP, and was able to find it then on the list of devices to forward to.

PinkPlushie
I Plan to Stick Around

XB6 Technicolor CGM4140COM Port Forwarding not going through:

I recently made the switch to Rogers and everything has been working flawlessly except one thing.

I host servers frequently for game dev and just general gaming and hosting reasons. For this port forwarding is something I regularly do, and regularly change and add. As we all know by now, the XB6s direct you to the ignite wifi app or webpage to port forward. On this site I get no errors at any point in the process of setting up port forwarding, but on every port I've tested (yougetsignal+simple tcp listener) it's reading as closed.

I tend to use minecraft's 25565 port for testing, primarily out of habit but also because it's very rapid to double check if it's open or not, but I have used various other ones, both game ports and other services. None open, none get pinged, and yet the website gives no errors and always allows me to add ports to open.

I have tried on static and dynamic IP addresses, because upon browsing these forums I've seen numerous people mention issues with static IPs. Neither way works, though it does always show the same reserved address even if I haven't set one. I'm not network-savvy enough to know if that is relevant.

I also got a friend who works at a large tech company and is intimately familiar with networking to help, and he was thoroughly stumped. He did mention that it was weird I was being directed to another site to port forward and that could potentially be related to the issue, but that I should contact support. Upon contacting support I was just told that they don't give support for port forwarding, but that my router was appearing to be functioning fine on their end.

Software info:

eMTA & DOCSIS Software Version: Prod_19.3_d31 & Prod_19.3
Software Image Name: CGM4140COM_4.4p8s1_PROD_sey
Advanced Services: CGM4140COM
Packet Cable: 2.0

Last thing I tried was a factory reset. Still having the exact same issue and so here I am.

Any help would be appreciated and if any further details are needed just let me know!

RogersTony

Hello, @PinkPlushie

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can understand how inconvenient it is to have issues with your port forwarding settings. Regrettably, we are not trained on how these settings work and are unable to assist you in getting them setup. Have you tried using the Ignite Wi-Fi Hub App for iOS and Android devices to see if you can set up the port forwarding there?

If there are any users in the community who are familiar with port forwarding on the XB6 modem please feel free to chime in. I will tag in some users who may be able to help out: @-G-, @Gdkitty, @Datalink, @Don_Ca, @ColdGranite.

RogersTony

PinkPlushie
I Plan to Stick Around

I tried the app and the desktop site. There is no noticeable difference, both seem to go through but upon checking the port, they read as closed. When I click/tap "next" after hitting a preset or manually entering ports, it has a grey circle for a few seconds before it turns green with a checkmark and says "Port Forward Added Your device can now use these port forward settings."

I have also checked my firewall for all of the ports I have tried, none are blocked. I tested with firewall temporarily off as well, no difference.