Using the Ignite TV Modem/Gateway in Bridge Mode

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Using the Ignite TV Modem/Gateway in Bridge Mode

I have set the wan as static to match the ignite modem, ipv4 now shows up correctly in the secondary modem yet still no Internet.

I believe on my secondary modem I need to allow IPV6 passthrough.

Can anyone assist with settings needed in here?

IPv6
Enable  Disable
IPv6 Type
 Native IPv6 from ISP DHCPv6 with Prefix Delegation 6in4 Static Tunnel 
Prefix Length
Static DNS 1
Static DNS 2
Assigned / Routed Prefix
Router IPv6 Address
MTU
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@lavalamps wrote:

I have set the wan as static to match the ignite modem, ipv4 now shows up correctly in the secondary modem yet still no Internet

For your router's WAN (Internet) settings, you should be using Auto/DHCP for IPv4.  With Bridge Mode enabled on the XB6, you should be obtaining a public registered IPv4 address, not an RFC1918 address for private networks.

You also must not use 10.0.0.x/24 for the Internal LAN address on your router, nor should you add any routes or secondary addresses on the WAN interface in order to reach 10.0.0.1 for connections to the Rogers modem.  The XB6 will route network connections to this address internally.

I Plan to Stick Around

I went in to secondary router and had to set ipv6 settings and everything started to work after a reboot.

Thanks for the help

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@lavalamps wrote:

I believe on my secondary modem I need to allow IPV6 passthrough.

Can anyone assist with settings needed in here?

IPv6
Enable  Disable
IPv6 Type
 Native IPv6 from ISP DHCPv6 with Prefix Delegation 6in4 Static Tunnel 
Prefix Length
Static DNS 1
Static DNS 2
Assigned / Routed Prefix
Router IPv6 Address
MTU

You should be using "DHCPv6 with Prefix Delegation" with a Prefix Length of 64

FYI: A Rogers Network Engineer also posted IPv6 setup tips for various routers here.

Also, my basic tips for setting up your own router for use with Ignite TV can be found here.

I Plan to Stick Around

thanks for the help, up and running now.

I'm Here A Lot

Thank you for the quick responses. I have followed your advice on the correct order to reboot everything, plus, I've also updated my router's firmware as well. To confirm, yes, I do have the Rogers XB6 gateway enabled for Bridge Mode (ie: no firewall/Wifi from the Rogers modem). And unfortunately my problem persists, literally within 3-to-4 minutes of turning my TV on (after rebooting everything), it began to drop audio & pause randomly. I've been digging through every possible log I can find and here's some things that caught my attention:

Feb 8 14:41:07 WAN Connection: ISP's DHCP did not function properly.
Feb 8 14:41:08 nat: apply redirect rules
Feb 8 14:41:12 WAN Connection: Ethernet link down.
Feb 8 14:41:16 kernel: DROP IN=eth0 OUT= MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:x src=xx.xx.xx.xx DST=99.235.xx.xx LEN=40 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=243 ID=1391 PROTO=TCP SPT=47949 DPT=29226 SEQ=27699xxxxx ACK=0 WINDOW=1024 RES=0x00 SYN URGP=0
Feb 8 14:41:17 WAN Connection: Ethernet link up.
Feb 8 14:41:17 rc_service: wanduck 7246:notify_rc restart_wan_if 0
Feb 8 14:41:22 nat: apply nat rules (/tmp/nat_rules_eth0_eth0)

That's a 5-second disconnect and it appears this is happening frequently. I am going to contact Rogers support to ask for help with this.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@-20  It's possible that it could also be a bug/issue with your router.  For example, I remember seeing similar reports from ASUS router customers that their WAN interface was going up and down like a yo-yo when DDNS was enabled.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@-20 what router do you have and what firmware version is currently loaded on the router?

Have you tried a different ethernet cable between the modem and the router?  Is that cable a commercially produced cable, or does part of the total cable run from modem to router use any house ethernet cabling?

I'm Here A Lot

Thank you @-G- 

@-G- wrote:

@-20  It's possible that it could also be a bug/issue with your router.  For example, I remember seeing similar reports from ASUS router customers that their WAN interface was going up and down like a yo-yo when DDNS was enabled.

I am not using any DDNS. And I'm not trying to point fingers, but I've never had a single issue like this, prior to connecting up with Ignite.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@-20  I have a fallback plan in place where I can take all of my own equipment out of the network and revert back to a supportable configuration literally within seconds.  At the very least, you need to confirm whether or not everything works in the as-installed configuration before calling Rogers for support.