Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

Yup WS504. They said it was fixed, but no.
Something to do with their internal billing.
Rogers has to verify your account and then somehow internally ensure that you are approved for the $10 per month. Their systems appear that they may not be communicating yet.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yup exactly.

Are you still getting the ws504 or is it ws300 now?

I Plan to Stick Around

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ah that sucks. I guess a solution for 504 is still tbd the.

I'm Here A Lot

I worked through with tech support yesterday who was very helpful. We got what appeared to be a good activation on my watch but it wasn’t showing any signal. The rep suggested I go somewhere else to get a better signal (but my phone had full bars). My watch even showed “Rogers” under celullar for a while but zero data and it didn’t work. Then all of a sudden it stopped showing Rogers and showed “no sim” instead and “not connection”. So no dice despite looking promising at first. Now all I get is WS300 error. Sad :-(
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@guest2323424

Wow it’s crazy that you had it activated and now just get the error. I guess the smartwatch line is active on your account though isn’t it. So at least you have that part sorted out.

I'm Here A Lot

WS504 is still alive and well as of 8:45PM Thu - at least for me
I Plan to Stick Around

Bit of a update, finally activated my watch(see how long that lasts-lulz) but to the larger issue, people shouldn't be having any issues to begin with, Rogers has had e-sim support on the horizon for a year and the fact that it isn't working for most people shows that they didn't bother to test the implementation before Monday, one has to wonder why, and in very late reply to RogesMaude the "solution" you indicated on Tuesday was the same process that was failing me(at the time) and everyone else.

Also there's no way anyone should have to unpair, reinstall etc. and waste 40 minutes to a hour AFTER having the process fail the first time.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah this is getting ridiculous.

Telus is looking better every minute. Customers shouldn’t really have to deal with this when I take a step back and think about things logically. Things should just work. Day 1.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rflats771 good to hear you’re up and running. How’d your issues get resolved?