cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

OK so the system is now live.  You should get a pop up asking if you'd like to update the carrier settings.  Click Yes

Then you go back to your watch app and 'setup cellular' is active.  I was able to get all the way to the 911 address screen but for some reason the 'continue' button is greyed out even when I enter my full address.  So not sure what's going on with that.  But I was able to get like 2 steps from the finish lol

***Added Labels***

603 REPLIES 603

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

Snoope
I've been around
Anyone else getting a WS501 error? Ticket in support since Sunday. No update since.

nasa25
Haven’t seen the 501 yet I don’t think.

So many codes!

nasa25
Tried just now for fun.
Ws300 code after the 911 verification page as per normal procedure

Also add another phantom reserved line to my account for the failed activation

The saga continues

capt_commander
I've been here awhile
I’ve been fighting with this same WS300 error all week. The only response I’ve had from Rogers is “try again later.” I see some lucky people have been able to escalate, so I’ll give them another (probably useless) call this morning.

If Maude’s keeping track:
iPhone 7, iOS 12.0; AW3, watchOS 5.1. WS300 normally pops after confirming my plan, but before any 911 entries as others have mentioned. There have been times where the error has popped earlier, but 95% of the time, it’s at the location mentioned above.

This is quite ridiculous for Rogers. We’ve been waiting for this service to literally pay more money each month, for a year, and when it finally arrives, it doesn’t work. Others have mentioned escalations to Apple, which leads me to believe that Rogers doesn’t even know what’s going on, and there will be no quick turnaround on this one.

My scenario on a Greyed out "Set Up Cellular"....

1) Latest OS on both iPhone X and Series 3 Apple Watch (ios12/watchOS5)

2) Latest Rogers Carrier profile v33.1

3) They performed a Credit check done to ensure I can add a new connection

4) Tried with Wifi turned off on both devices

5) Unpaired the Apple Watch and re-paired it (ug, this step was painful because I had to re-register my credit cards associated to it)

Tech support called me back and they still dont know what the issue is.

One thing that is unique for my account is that I have an INACTIVE Account and an Active Account.  The Active account has my cellular service.  Is it possible the Apple Watch App on the iPhone is asking Rogers to see if I have a valid plan, and Rogers responses with info from my INACTIVE account and not my Active account?  this would explain the error message im getting and why the button is greyed out.  Tech support is looking into this possiblity.

"Your Rogers account is not eligible to enable cellar on your Apple Watch. Contact Rogers for more information."

@rflats771

Moneoa
I plan to stick around
I’ve been trying since Monday. Always a W300 error after captcha and add to ny shared everything plan. it shows me my plan and asks me if I want to add it and I click continue and it always throws up the W300 error

Moneoa
I plan to stick around
Lol lord help me I’ve even re-paired the watch and reset my phone and set up as a new device

capt_commander
I've been here awhile
Just got off the phone with a tech agent to help me resolve my WS300. He mentioned that it’s likely Apple servers that can’t maintain the connection, due to volume. The only advice I was given, after removing and re-pairing my watch (ugh, so tedious!) was again “just keep trying and sometime it’ll likely work.”

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nasa25

Got mine at Telus and only took 5 minutes to activate the watch and pair it. So seems like the Rogers systems aren't running up like they should.

nasa25
I don’t agree with the ws300 due to heavy server volume solution. I get the error at the exact same spot every single time. Regardless of day and time. Volume can’t be that high every time.

There’s something else at play here

nasa25
@Meowmix

Ahmedcostco was able to get his up and running on Rogers today after buying outright at the Apple store. He said he didn’t have any issues. So I have no idea why some people can get it running without issue and others are having major issues

nasa25
Tried again, this time turning off wifi on my iPhone AND Watch

NOOOOOPE! Same WS300 error code at the exact same spot. Ok that’s me done trying until Rogers 100% has this resolved.

I can’t take anymore punishment.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nasa25

Hmm it seems so weird that I can't get it working. I wonder if the system is having back end issues with some accounts that tried to do it before and stalls

capt_commander
I've been here awhile
I’m not buying it either. If Apple servers can support the millions of users around the world on a daily basis, but a few thousand in Canada are having trouble on a single provider’s network, all signs point to Rogers network.

I don’t usually have any issues with Rogers, but this makes me want to shop elsewhere 😕

Edit: any possibility that the issue outlined here (https://www.macrumors.com/2017/09/15/apple-watch-series-3-lte-limitations/) would affect any of you? My watch was a gift, and I’ll be confirming which online store it was directed through.

nasa25
@capt_commander

Hmm possible that might be a reason for some but I’m 99.9% sure that most people having trouble activating have a Canadian Apple Watch. I purchased mine from Best Buy (certified open box but was from Best Buy.ca). So I think that the error codes are probably caused by something else.

nasa25
I decided there’s zero point in activating my series 3 when ill just need to move that activation to my series 4 anyways (when it comes in).

So I’ll just wait and activate my series 4. Hope everyone can get their series 3 activated ASAP though. We’ve all been through enough lol

Turbojellyfish
I've been here awhile

I got my Apple Watch Series 4 today, paired with my phone, but couldn't set up cellular (the text "Set Up Cellular" is greyed out for me and there's "Your Rogers account is not eligible to enable cellular on your Apple Watch. Contact Rogers for more information". under it). Had a chat with Rogers, they couldn't figure it out, and suggested me to call a store. Ugh this is so frustrating...

Fran666
I've been here awhile

Rogers' tech tells me there are lots of people with the WS300 error. Problem isn't with our phones or watches but on their side. Told me this type of problem can take a week to resolve. So yeah they have no clue yet obviously. Oh well, been waiting a year already so one more week isn't that bad... #teampositive 

nasa25
I wonder how it’s possible that some people activated without a hitch yet others have tons of issues. Just luck of the draw?

nasa25
@Turbojellyfish

Did you buy outright through Apple?

I’m 90% sure that Rogers is holding back watches from shipping to the stores until they sort out this widespread activation issue. I’d be very interested to see what would happen if someone goes to the store to pick up their watch (via easy pay option) but can’t get cellular activated. Would the store just tell them to come back as setting up cellular is a condition for financing?

When you first enter this screen, "Set Up Cellular" was enabled.  When I tapped on it, it asked me to update the Rogers Carrier settings.  I accepted and the carrier settings changed to 33.1.  Then the screen refreshed and the "Set Up Cellular" disabled with the following message below.

_Set Up Cellular_ disabled after carrier updates