Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

I have same problem same error code.. does not make it past reading agreements.. please let me know if u got this resolved
I Plan to Stick Around

@reed 1 I don't know how many have had successful activations but I'd wager it's only around 10%, the only remedy it seems is to wait it out and try later unfortunately at the moment .

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

One guy had an old inactive cable account on his profile and that was causing the activation not to go through LOL

So much randomness. Can’t even believe it.

I Plan to Stick Around

@nasa25 At this point one of Rogers empty suits should be falling on his figurative sword, they really did jack and squat for testing, a dead cable TV account ??Lol

Highlighted
I've Been Around

this is very important! I also got it to work by selecting and deselecting canada and my province too... the it finally worked
I'm Here A Lot

This happened to me also. The fix was for tech support to “reset my celullar line” by turning off both my phone and the watch and then they do that. After that I was no longer greyed out, but now it just fails with ws300 error anyway.
I'm Here A Lot

So this morning my cellular option was greyed out in the app with a message that the account is ineligible for Watch LTE. However, after resetting both the phone and the watch the activation process sailed through smoothly and I now seem to have LTE service on the Watch. Time to pop some bubbly!
I Plan to Stick Around

If I ever see another traffic light, crosswalk or car I’ll scream. However I tried in one more time this am. No resets and I activated the cellular!!!!
I've Been Around

1.  get the watch, paired and synched first.

2. begin the cellular activation of your acct thru your iphone.

3. on the agreement portion, you'll notice that the 911 heading is red. tap and scroll thru all of the headings, check the box to show you agree, then continue.

4. you are now on the address portion of the 911. the country and province has a drop down menu, select the right info and tap on the portion where the info should correspond to.

5. you should be able to finish after hitting continue.

... yeah, i don't usually use caps

@nasa25 wrote:

OK so the system is now live.  You should get a pop up asking if you'd like to update the carrier settings.  Click Yes

Then you go back to your watch app and 'setup cellular' is active.  I was able to get all the way to the 911 address screen but for some reason the 'continue' button is greyed out even when I enter my full address.  So not sure what's going on with that.  But I was able to get like 2 steps from the finish lol

***Added Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Only for the first 20 minutes on Monday afternoon was the continue button greyed out. After that I get the red continue button but the next page is a ws300 error. Been like that for about 6 days now. I’m not going to bother trying again until Rogers figures it out