cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lenovo laptop can't connect to rogers ignite wifi

stevep102
I've been here awhile

my lenovo laptop G500 connects to wifi ignite but no internet...says unidentified network even though it is correct password....the previous rogers modem worked fine.

***Added Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: lenovo laptop can't connect to rogers ignite wifi

RogersMaude

Good afternoon @stevep102,

Thanks for posting about your WiFi connectivity issues. We certainly want to help you resolve this as soon as possible.

If I understand correctly, you recently changed modem and that is when the issue started happening. Is that right?

Could you let us know the troubleshooting steps you've gone through since noticing the problem?

It would be quite useful if you could provide us with more details such as the model of your gateway as well as if you have band steering enabled.

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

stevep102
I've been here awhile
Hello...thanks for the response. As of now my laptop wifi is working fine and connects to the rogers ignite. I installed a driver.

Now I have problem with my Lenovo H520 desktop. There is no ethernet card....so I am trying to use the WiFi as I did with the older Rogers modem. it does not connect with the Rogers Ignite. It only has the Windows 8.1system. It's a older computer and don't think it can upgrade to Windows 10

the wifi driver is realtek. I tried to install different drivers and still not working. right now it is not showing the wifi adapter in my network settings

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@stevep102 One thing you can try is to temporarily disable the 5 GHz band; this should allow your older computer to connect.

The Shaw support site has clear instructions on how to do this: https://support.shaw.ca/t5/internet-articles/how-to-connect-2-4-ghz-devices-without-disabling-band-s...

This is just a temporary workaround.  Also, despite what the article says, it does effectively disable band steering because (for now) there is no 5 GHz network to steer devices to.

Even if your Windows 8.1 computer can get network connectivity, you should still seriously consider replacing it (or perhaps look into running Linux on it instead) especially now that Microsoft has stopped issuing security updates.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation