cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Rogers email account in Outlook

E-SK
I plan to stick around

Hi - When will it be possible to add Rogers' email account to Outlook? If I can add a Yahoo email account, why is it impossible to add Rogers?

*Your insight is appreciated.

**Labels Added**

99 REPLIES 99

Re: Using Rogers email account in Outlook

ATP13
I plan to stick around

As of August 2023 Micosoft has issued an update to Outlook 365 that adds a yahoo login (they added Oauth2.0) which means an App Password is not required.

So go to Outlook and do an update [File --Office Account and then go to right side to click on Update] after update restart Outlook and it should ask for your Yahoo email and password (not App Password).

This solution does not address getting Calendar to sync, but you are mostly there.

With being back up in Outlook I can now work on transitioning to a non-rogers email provider as I can do auto-response and forwards to my new email to be untethered from Rogers.In turn that will make it easier for me to consider changing providers in near future...

In meantime Yahoo/Rogers App Password generator for Canada is not working and that is on Rogers.

Avid-
I plan to stick around

I have had the same problem on 2 Windows 11/ MS Office Outlook laptops for a couple of weeks, now suddenly no problems with them, BUT now I have the same issue with my Samsung S20 running MS Office / Outlook.  I don't have much hair left to pull out.  I am seriously considering going throught the pain of transitioning to non-Rogers email provider, eg. Microsoft or Gmail.  The pain comes from fitering through several on-line account profiles to update user name & email data.  GAAAAAA!!!!

Renee2293
I've been around

Has anyone noticed that the interface for webmail changes?  Twice now my sent folder has disappeared, the "Compose" button changes to "compound" and  a mysterious "red star" folder  appears.  I called them last time and it was fixed.  I have the same issue with Outlook.  Months ago they told me that there is a problem with no ETA for a fix and I should use the webmail interface and it's really is garbage

tigreonak
I've been around

Can you provide the Outlook Version and build that you currently using that it allowed you to use the Password without App Pass?

Also are you using POP or IMAP connection and what are the server information if you don't mind sharing.

Thank you

danno100
I plan to stick around

I just posted a thread about this!!

docstoy
I've been around

If you saved (remember) the passcode generated when you last set up your Rogers Yahoo account in Outlook, you are in luck. You also need to be familiar with setting up an account manually.

After messing with this for several hours, I finally got my Rogers account set up in Outlook 365.

First you need to go to manage profiles and set up the new email address form there.

1. Launch Outlook.
  2. Open the File menu from the top-left side of the application.
  3. From the Info tab, click on Account Settings.
  4. Click on Manage Profiles from the drop-down menu.
  5. Click on the Email Accounts... button.
  6. Click on New.

Then you need to do a manual setup to add the advanced details. Click on the Manual Setup button, then select POP/IMAP. Fill in your account info, select IMAP, enter imap.mail.yahoo.com and smtp.mail.yahoo.com. Enter your username and the generated password (hopefully you saved it). Check off "Require SPA".

Before you move on and click next, you will need to fix the incoming port and outgoing ports (993 and 465) on the "More Settings" window as well as select SSL and anything else you notice is incorrect on that window. After you close the window and click next, Outlook will connect to the Yahoo server and send a test email. It worked for me - good luck

eellis1
I've been here awhile

My Outlook 2021 Home and Business edition was working for a while, but it's not working again!! What is going on with Rogers and Yahoo?  They fixed the problem, but now I'm receiving error messages again and can't send or receive email through Outlook.  There is no password app available yet to fix this problem apparently.  It's funny how it worked for a while, but is not currently functioning. I paid over $300 for a permanent addition of 2021 Microsoft Office Home and business, just to get Outlook because I don't care for Yahoo Webmail.  It's time Rogers get together with Yahoo and figure this out!!  Currently, I have Bell Media installing a Fibre Optic Network outside my front door and they may be my next option unless Rogers fixes this problem. 

Avid-
I plan to stick around

Hi docstoy.  Thank you for your very clear and detailed feedback.  As noted in my message above, my Outlook is now functioning (almost perfectly) on my Windows 11 pcs.

The problem remains with Outlook for Android on my Samsung S20 phone.  In particular, I have been able to set up and use my Microsoft email addresses and a Gmail address.  I have not been able to set up my existing Rogers Yahoo email addresses.  All seems good until the Outlook for Android app promptrs for the password.  At that point, the prompt alsts for about one second then disappears and I'm back to the previous screen.  I have updated Android OS and the Outlook app over the past several weeks and nothing helps.

In order to continue using all of my email accounts, I have installed the Yahoo email app on the phone.  It works quite well and is very easy to set up with Rogers, Microsoft and Gmail accounts.  The UI is very similar to Outlook also.

danno100
I plan to stick around

I wish I had the Bell fibre option. No luck I checked. Actually I looked at someones digital TV box and it's about the same as Rogers. Now that I no longer qualify as a former Rogers employee for discounts, another provider looks good as long as it's fibre to the home.

danno100
I plan to stick around

My wife didn't use a generated passowrd and her outlook would no longer connect. Mine still works for some reason, same PC.

eellis1
I've been here awhile

Hello Docstoy.....Unfortunately your instructions didn't work.  Perhaps it may work on a smartphone, but it doesn't work on a desktop computer.  As for a APPS password, I've never received one from Rogers.  I just decided to open my Outlook one day and it worked, but only for a few short days.  I contacted Rogers to copy my files from Webmail to Outlook and they completed that well.  Now Outlook isn't working again.  I don't have the expertise to fix this.  I can't understand how it worked for a short while, but doesn't work now.  Go figure????  Perhaps you can help me.  Thanks

MasterC
I plan to stick around

Anyone know how to do this on a Mac email? Rogers messed up mine. .

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@MasterC : Based on previous posts in the forum, (other threads, etc). I read that the "Mail" email client on a Mac computer still requires an app password, which the Rogers/Yahoo website currently does not generate (since early March).

Mail on a device like an iPad or iPhone does not require an app PW, only the regular PW you use for Rogers/Yahoo e-mail (webmail), therefore Mail on a device works just fine.

danno100
I plan to stick around

As long as you are not using Outlook...!! Apple and google mail aps are terrible!!!FIX THE GENERATOR!!!!

MasterC
I plan to stick around
Doesn't work on MacBook Pro. Thanks throwers support. They reset the password on the wrong Email address no can't get me Email on my MacBook Pro. They are useless keep blaming everyone else. It a rogers and yahoo issue. They think the fix is Webmail.

ChristopherR
I plan to stick around

Rogers has clearly decided that they don't want to make things easy for their customers. They have been telling me for months that it is temporary, and yet I can't access email except on the Yahoo website, which is like going back to 1999. We pay for this service in our fees, it isn't fair that we aren't getting what we pay for.

jackc
I've been here awhile

It is October 2023 now and Rogers still have not fixed their 3rd party app email problem. 😡 How long has it been now 8 months? or more?

josk
I plan to stick around

wow ... whereabouts are you located -- sure need someone tech savvy to assist - good for you to have this resolved!  (Just got off the phone with Rogers - same issue - "not able to generate app password"

josk
I plan to stick around

I just got off the phone with Rogers -- same issue - not able to generate app password - no end in sight !!

jackc
I've been here awhile
Let’s keep bugging them. It will be cheaper to fix it than to deal with our calls. Lol

MasterC
I plan to stick around
They don't care and are not looking to get it fixed. Their fix is use the web browser
Topic Stats