cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create app password for Rogers Email

Bilottag
I've been here awhile

Trying to set up my Rogers e-mail account on Outloook Mobile on Android.

Went to Member Centre, chose Account Information then Authorized Applications.
Clicked Add Another, Named it and clicked Generate.  Keep getting error: Rogers App Error.jpg

*** Edited Labels ***

131 REPLIES 131

Re: Unable to create app password for Rogers Email

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ve3tej wrote:

When will I be avaliable to use the OutLook app on my android phone????

When Microsoft update the app to work without the App PW.  You could try asking them, since most other apps like Gmail do work. (or Mail on an iPhone).

sgchand
I'm here a lot

Has anyone found a way to make this work now.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@sgchand wrote:

Has anyone found a way to make this work now.

By "This" do you mean the Outlook app on a device like a phone or tablet?  It is my understanding that this app still requires an app PW, which can no longer be generated on the Rogers/Yahoo! website. If someone does have that working, please reply here.  So the answer is probably still with MicroSoft, or switching to a different app that doesn't require an app PW.

Or get a Gmail e-mail address and "import" your "Rogers" e-mails to there and then sync the device with your Gmail account using Outlook on the device.

sgchand
I'm here a lot

It is the Outlook App on the Samsung device, well that is unfortunate and Rogers has not revived the App Apaaword. 

chdiamo1
I'm a reliable contributor

My cousin  in Florida has Outlook 2007. He started having this app password problem around the same time we did. BUT, he told me that Cox provided its customers with an app password that worked. Now, he uses Outlook 2007, as we used to use in our purchased Outlook versions here in Canada. My cousin doesn't understand why Rogers hasn't done the same for its customers and provided us with an app password as Cox did. Of course, in the U.S., there is much more competition, whereas here in Canada, the federal government has reduced competition by allowing two separate service providers to merge into one enormous provider! Where are we going?

chdiamo1
I'm a reliable contributor

Move to the U.S. and find a provider who supplies an App Password.

Topic Stats