cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers XB6 (Ignite WiFi Hub) Router does not Reserve static IPs

sikhness
I plan to stick around

Hi Guys,

A few weeks ago I was able to Reserve Static IPs on the XB6 Router correctly, however now whenever I try to do that I now get a "Failure! Please check your inputs." message.  I'm no longer able to set any Reserved IP addresses.  I feel like the Router was updated to a new firmware which made the list of Connected Devices show up in a more stable fashion but now Reserved IPs are not working at all.

Does anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it? I am on the following software version:

eMTA & DOCSIS Software Version: Prod_19.3_d31 & Prod_19.3
Software Image Name: CGM4140COM_4.6p4s1_PROD_sey
Advanced Services: CGM4140COM
Packet Cable: 2.0

49 REPLIES 49

Re: Rogers XB6 (Ignite WiFi Hub) Router does not Reserve static IPs

RogersCorey

Hello @sikhness!

It doesn't appear that this is a widespread issue as we're not getting any other complaints about it currently.

Have you attempted yet to factory reset to see if that restores your ability to reserve an IP address?

Please understand that we do not support setting static IPs directly. If a factory reset doesn't work, hopefully someone in our Community has encountered this and might have an alternate solution for you.

Regards,

RogersCorey

sikhness
I plan to stick around

Hi @RogersCorey ,

Thanks for your response.  I think this is a brand new firmware that not many people have at the moment hence why you may not be receiving any complaints about it so far.  Based on the other firmware thread going on, this firmware version isn't mentioned anywhere and people seem to be talking about an older one which I think worked for me when Reserved IPs.

I'd rather not go for a Factory Restore at the moment because I have critical machines that need Reserved IPs set, and if I factory restore the router only to find that the Reserving IPs is truly broken in the firmware, then I'll be dead in the water for the devices that I have been able to reserve already.

Do you have a device with this firmware on it on which you can do a quick test to Reserve the IP?

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
Newer firmware than what I have. I vote buggy firmware.

sikhness
I plan to stick around

I agree,

I wish I could revert my firmware back, but this router has no mechanism to do that.  I hope there's someone who can fix this issue, basic router functionality that's broken.

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
i have still not got the update, but I have seen jumps before where I never got a version someone else had and reported problems with. BTw, reporting it here is not enough.

sikhness
I plan to stick around

Where else should I be reporting it so that it gets noticed?

User4074
I plan to stick around

Rogers Ignite.  Modem Model # CHM4140COM

I would like to reserve an internal IP address for one of my devices.   The IP for the device was recently re-assigned automatically via DHCP and I would like to prevent this.

I had set up a Reserved IP address for my PC months ago.  It was easy to do.  I believe I could even choose the IP address for it.  But that doesn't seem possible now.   

My path:    Browser to router's internal IP -> Log In- > Get sent to ignitewifi.rogers.com for the Advanced settings -> Connect -> See Network -> Advanced Settings ->  ???         What is available there is Port Forwarding, LAN & WAN, DNS Server and DMZ.

If I go into Port Forwarding, I can ONLY add port forwards.  I understand that by creating a Port Forward for the device, it will help me achieve my goal of giving that device a Reserved IP but there are 2 obvious problems with that :  1) I don't get to choose the IP   and 2) I now would have a port open to the internet unnecessarily.

Your help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
Send a direct message to a moderator here. Just posting in the forum is not enough. I would also open a case with support. Either call or use the chat function.

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
DHCP reservations are set on the modem itself, not on the Web app at ignitewifi. They are under Connected Devices. Depending on the firmware, that function may be broken right now.

super_robot
I plan to stick around

make sure you're assigning an ip on the correct network and that it is out of the dhcp scope

User4074
I plan to stick around

Thank you Don_Ca. I don't know how I missed that.

You're also right about it being broken, it seems.

I Go into Connected devices, i see the device in the list of "Online Devices".
I click the Edit button to the right, and change the Configuration radio button to Reserved IP.
Then type in the IP I would like it to keep. Then hit SAVE.

Small overlay window says "Operation in progress, This may take several seconds..."

After 15 seconds, it takes me back to Connected Devices > Devices.
And in the list of connected devices, that device is still listed as DHCP.
If I Edit it, I can confirm that the Configuration radio button is still choosing DHCP.

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
I have one reservation set up, but for anything I really want to have the same IP address I set static. I have my DHCP range such that I have a bunch of IPs available for static assignment. Setting static for key devices also lets me easily use CloudFare DNS servers instead of Rogers.

sikhness
I plan to stick around

@User4074,

What software version is your router on?  I'm not using the ignite website but rather the webpage of the router itself to try to setup DHCP reservations and it is definitely broken as you can see from my original post.

User4074
I plan to stick around

@sikhness

Hey.  I believe I'm on the same version as you.  Page says:

Download Version: Prod_19.3_d31 & Prod_19.3

Agreed - something's broken.  My modem is not saving the Reserved IP I am setting for my device.

sikhness
I plan to stick around
@RogersCorey,
It seems that a few people aside from me (in this thread and others regarding the XB6 modem) are reporting the same problem of not being able to Reserve Static IPs with a "Failure, please check inputs" error message with the new firmware.
Could you please have this looked at and fixed?

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
eMTA & DOCSIS Software Version:Prod_19.3_d31 & Prod_19.3
Software Image Name:CGM4140COM_4.6p6s3_PROD_sey
Advanced Services:CGM4140COM
Packet Cable:2.0

That is my current version and I cannot set reservations anymore. @RogersCorey

User2421
I've been here awhile

Can confirm I'm having this issue too... When I try to reserve static IPs, no changes are actually made when I refresh.

Hello Community!

In situations like this we can attempt to escalate a ticket to have the missing functionality looked into but I cannot make any guarantees.

This change may have been a deliberate one and it may not be possible to re-enable the ability to reserve static IPs. We technically do not support static IPs for residential connections to begin with.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps so that I can work with you to create a ticket. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
These are all internal IP addresses @RogersCorey, not the external facing address. It is for things like printers, etc, that you do not want the IP address changing. For most users setting a reserved IP address is easier than setting it on the device. In the UI all the config is there, but gives an error, so if the functionality was removed they would remove the UI as well.

User4074
I plan to stick around

@RogersCorey

Please re-read the concerns in this thread.  We are not talking about reserving static residential IP addresses.

Topic Stats