Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

@Bowex please see the link in the above post to the other page.

You're the first person to comment on any issues with the CGNM-3552 and LoL.  Its possible that the update will resolve it, but I don't know as this is the first report of the problem.  There was an issue with the CGN3ACSMR which was released last year.  That was resolved with firmware version 4.5.8.16.  I would hope that if the same or very similar chipset was used in the CGNM-3552, that Hitron would have incorporated the same firmware changes as previously developed in order to prevent any future occurances.  Maybe not??  Only one way to find out.  Follow the link and send a private message to @CommunityHelps requesting the update, as indicated in the links.  Please let us know if this does resolve it.  Were you running a CGN3ACSMR previously and if so, did you have any problems with LoL?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@EhmTeeEhf, can you confirm that the modem you have is a CGN3, as indicated by the product sticker at the back of the modem?  There are also the CGN3ACR and CGN3ACSMR which look identical other than the product sticker.  From that I've seen posted on the forum, at the present time the firmware builds are as follows:

Network        Trial

CGN3:                 4.2.4.6            Nil

CGN3ACR:         4.5.8.16          4.5.8.22T1

CGN3ACSMR:   4.5.8.21          4.5.8.22T1

CGNM-3552:     4.5.8.19          4.5.8.22T1

Note:  The "TI" cannot be observed on the user interface.  Hopefully 4.5.8.22T2 will be released to the trial participants during the week of Jul 11th to 15th.

There is also the issue of going from something like a Cisco DPC-3825 or Hitron CGN2 to a CGN3 series modem where the NAT appears to be much stricter, which can cause problems for applications and devices .  

I've Been Here Awhile

Please add to me this trial too.  Just replaced the Rocket Modem and Chromecast connection is lost.

Thanks

I've Been Here Awhile

@Datalink I just got the new modem about a month ago, and my league problems started the moment I upgraded to the Ignite plan. I will let you know if it does resolve it.

I've Been Here Awhile

I have problem connecting chromecast, every time I have to reset /ON/OFF) the modem to make it work.

I would like to try the Trial Firmware, show me how.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Bowex what modem were you running before, the Cisco DPC-3825 or Hitron CGN2?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hello @william6@Hubert1

Please have a look at message #63 on the following page regarding the trial firmware which resolves casting problems:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/342...

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi

I am facing this issue with my Rogers Modem with chromecast from more than a month and seen this post in the community. It would be great if you would let me know the steps to update the firmware?

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hello @gagankinra,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Please refer to @RogersMargaret first post on this thread, for further instructions on how to participate with the firmware trial.  

Cheers,

RogersCilio

I Plan to Stick Around

WINDOWS 10 ETHERNET PROBLEM SOLVED???

For a while i was connected by wifi on my desktop and only today noticed ethernet wasnt connected... long story short.. fixed the wires, showed as if it was connected... unidentified network the status was saying... removed all network devices and reinstalled... still connected to an unidentified network... so i noticed i had a old VPN DNS manually entered... changed it to auto and retried and same unidentified network so i said frig this.. enterring everything manually:

ip 192.168.0.xxx

subnet 255.255.255.0

gateway 192.168.0.1

rogers dns1 64.71.255.204

rogers dns2 64.71.255.198

retried and now im back to a 250mbps + connection.. you wouldnt think anything less than 250 would give you extreme OCD untill you have the tatse of speed!

What's New
UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega Live
LIVE: Saturday December 8, 2018 10PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of Dec 6 at 4pm ET.
UFC 231: Countdown Promo

UFC returns to Toronto on December 8th with a championship double-header as undisputed featherweight champion Max Holloway defends his title against unbeaten Brian Ortega. Also, a new UFC women's flyweight champion will be crowned when Valentina Shevchenko takes on former strawweight queen Joanna Jedrzejczyk for the vacant title. Saturday, December 8, live on Sportsnet Pay-Per-View from Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Canada.