Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

Have been using a Canon ImageClass 8580cdw printer using WIFI since i got the machine and even after the firmware trial i received some time back (2+ weeks) i actually was able to print wirelessely from the computer on Tuesday (2 days ago) and now all of a sudden no matter what i do with WPS, manual ssid... manual IP's auto ips and all its as if the printer is connected to the modem but the modem is now allowing the device to be broadcasted or who ever you would say it.. in the Show Devices menu in the modem the printer is listed but the computer cant find it or it will not load the printer interface in the browser but as soon as i connect the printer by wire it works... is the new firware preventing my wifi on my printer to work?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

OH LORDE LORDE

firmware is a mess

1- printer no longer works with wifi (connected but nothing can be done by the printer or computer)

2- manual ip didnt work... only ethernet.. tried getting help from canon and nothing.

3- Factory Reset the modem (what a mess)

4- Cannot gain access to 192.168.0.1 cusadmin/password not working

5- Desktop computer running windows 10 ethernet connection now says ipv4 no internet   IPV6 has internet access... cannot gain access to modem page still... websites that load are very limited not even rogers will load on ipv6 but google.com loads and searches stuff no problem... amazon.ca dont work.. microsoft.com dont work

6- manually entered IPV4 information  inclusing dns and webpages work.. but still cannot get into the modem to fix any advanced setting, dchp reservation etc..

7- GET ME A NEW MODEM WITH OLD FIRMWARE!!!!

Highlighted
I've Been Around

i want this firmware trail 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

be very weary of what your asking for.

my windows pc with not connect by ethernet wire without settings being manually input for the ipv4 to work.. ipv6 has limited connectivity to websites. i could only get google.com to show uup.. Rogers.com didnt work

my canon imageclass 8580cdw colour laser printer was working fine wireleslly on tuesday and now i cant print to it through wifi connection. but with manually pluging in the ether cable and manually puting in the IP numbers it works but i need that wire for the other devices connected to the network. so

if you plan on only usding it for dektop use and no other printerns and stuff maybe this is good for you bur if you have plethera of deviced this wilkl cause problems.

Highlighted
Network Architect
Network Architect

Twopher,

I am sorry that you are experiencing issues. I have sent you further instructions via private message. The problem is that after factory reset, you need to complete the EasyConnect initial setup.

You can complete this setup by connecting to the RogersXXXXX_EasyConnect WiFi network. After setup, all your devices will be operating normally and the password you have set for your WiFi network will be used for the management interface (along with username cusadmin) at http://192.168.0.1

Let me know if you still experience difficulties after performing these steps.

Dave

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hey guys, I'm in Richmond Hill, and still on 4.5.8.20, I thought 4.5.8.21 was released network wide? Is it posible my modem is on a list not to get updated? I don't want the beta firmware, I just want to have the latest network released firmware at all times.

Before 4.5.8.20 was released I had it pushed to my modem to solve an ipv6 issue, so I'm wondering if my modem is on a list now to keep this firmware version, and not the newest network released firmware.

Anyone else still stuck on 4.5.8.20?

Highlighted
Network Architect
Network Architect

@gp-se wrote:

Hey guys, I'm in Richmond Hill, and still on 4.5.8.20, I thought 4.5.8.21 was released network wide? Is it posible my modem is on a list not to get updated? I don't want the beta firmware, I just want to have the latest network released firmware at all times.

Before 4.5.8.20 was released I had it pushed to my modem to solve an ipv6 issue, so I'm wondering if my modem is on a list now to keep this firmware version, and not the newest network released firmware.

Anyone else still stuck on 4.5.8.20?

Hi gp-se,

Your modem was indeed on the exclusion list from prior testing. I have removed your modem and triggered an update to the current production firmware 4.5.8.21. It should be completed in the next few minutes.

Dave

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thank you Dave!

The modem just updated itself to 4.5.8.21, I'm looking forward to the final release of 4.5.8.22 once it's released network wide. 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hey! I need the firmware update for my router, please get back to me with it! I'm having trouble with my router
Thanks!!

Highlighted
I've Been Around

If someone can help me with the update, it would be great!