Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

The Rogers Community Forums has always played an important role in providing important feedback regarding our products and services. We are excited to offer our users an opportunity to participate in a trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACSMR, CGN3ACR and CGN3AMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). This program is exclusive to registered users of the Rogers Community Forums (space is limited).

The new firmware includes the following features and enhancements:

• IPv6 enabled by default
  • Security enhancements
  • Fix to preserve LAN connectivity in case of HFC outage or loss of signal
  • Addition of Wi-Fi Survey functionality
  • Improved stability of WPS function
  • Improved Wi-Fi performance
  • Various minor GUI changes and improvements

If you are interested in participating, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps with the subject line “Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial”.  A member of our team will be in contact with you and provide you with further instructions.

We’re keen to receive feedback on this new firmware. Once you've received the new firmware, please provide your feedback directly in the FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial thread. 

Questions regarding this program can be posted below.

***Please note - you must be a registered user of the Rogers Community Forums in order to participate.  To register, please follow these steps.***

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

625 REPLIES 625

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

stephanieorchar
I've been around

Need access to new firmware

I have the CGN3.21 Firm ware

jenmun0802
I've been around

Please add me to the firmware Trial. My Chromecast is not working with this new firmware. 

@jenmun0802, have a look at message # 471 (top post) on the following page for instructions on requesting the trial version, 4.5.8.22.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/348...

zubair85
I've been around

I can't connect  my chrome cast through Google Chrome cast from tablet.  I have movie app that is install on desktop and would like to conect through chromecast.

bomotayo
I've been here awhile

My google chromecast is not working, can you please update my modem as well.

Hello, @bomotayo & @zubair85

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Please follow the instruction listed in this post to request the firmware, thank you. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

masroor
I've been around

Please send me instruction how to install new Firmware inorder to cast from my phone/laptop to chromecast.

Thanks

Masroor

@masroor, please see the post just above yours and follow the embedded link.

You can also have a look at message # 471 (top post) on the following page for instructions on requesting the trial version, 4.5.8.22.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/348...

Melmau
I've been around

Hi,

I'm having issues connecting my google chrome cast to my new Rogers modem. I would like to apply for the "Rogers Rocket Wi-FI Modem Firmware Trial" to see if it resolves the issue. Has this worked for anyone else?

@Melmau please see the post just above your's.  Yes, version 4.5.8.22 does resolve the Chromecast issue.

Coco123
I've been around
How do I leave a private message? Any help is much appreciated!

Hi @Coco123,

I'll make it easier for you and tag in @CommunityHelps. Just click our handle!

RogersCorey

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

@Coco123 wrote:
How do I leave a private message? Any help is much appreciated!

Click this link http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/1446984 and add the Title: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial and ask them to join so it's very simple.

2016-08-25_12-04-08.png

HTH,

Daniel Smiley Wink

Tiffy1
I've been around

I would also like to get access to the new firmware my chrome cast is not working

@Tiffy1,  have a look at message # 471 (top post) on the following page for instructions on requesting the trial version, 4.5.8.22.

JonesT015
I've been here awhile
Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial - CGN3AMR

Chromecast not connecting due to newer more secured firewall. Please resolve issue. Case sent to rogers from chromecast support team.

nolandubeau
I've been around

Hello,  I am interested in receiving the firmware trial as I am having issues connecting my Google Chromecast.  A tech support agent recommended I contact you and upgrade the firmeware.  Thank you.

Hi there, I am having issues connecting to Chromecast. Can I please get the firmware 4.5.8.22T1 installed on my modem?

Thanks

CGN3ACSMR Chromecast issue

Hello,

I am having problem with the chromecast connection. After following the setup guide, it is saying that chromecast is connected to wifi but wifi can not connect to for some reason. I did some research, according to this thread: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chromecast/3o-MME9iw20

If Rogers do have a fireware upgrade please do so.

I also found that there is something to do with AP isolation or UPNP. If so, please let me know the solution.

Thanks

Regards,

Tony

Hi there, I am having issues connecting to Chromecast. Can I please get the firmware 4.5.8.22T1 installed on my modem?

Thank you

Hello, @JonesT015@nolandubeau@lalitarora27 and @tonyxrc

Thank you all for joining the Rogers Community Forums and posting your query. Please follow the detailed instructions listed in this post to request the firmware. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin