cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Email Inaccessible

DanielShortt
I'm here a lot

What has happened to my Rogers email account?  After 20 years of being a Rogers customer, I suddenly can't access my email.  Yesterday it was accessible, today it's not.  What is going on? 

***Added Labels***

152 REPLIES 152

Re: Rogers Email Inaccessible

aimhigh
I've been around

Same

habsrule999
I plan to stick around

hi all

thanks for the replies... I will try the new password settings with all 4 of the requirements but only after a strong cup of coffee.. Will report back later!! :)..

Rogers sucks!!!

i get the same error

i haven't been able to login since yesterday (Thurs Nov 5) at 3:53pm

I have not tried changing my password yet. My password works because i get to the screen -

'Manage Email Accounts' and it has my email address at the top

Rogers communication is horrible

mdimand
I've been around
Still a problem for me!

HCS
I've been here awhile
I'm still having the same issues as well and I can't get to my account from my phone as it says can't connect to the servers

I had the same issue, and what made it more infuriating was that my existing password met 3 out of the 4 conditions, so why should I have to change it.....  In any event, I created a new password that met all 4 and everything is working. 

But make note that now you'll have two passwords: one for MyRogers and one for your email account (the one just changed).

eyeeifmx
I plan to stick around

I'm not too tech savvy, but here is what I did that worked:

I tried signing in and when I got message saying email was not recognized, I clicked "forgot password".

A box popped up asking for my email address again, then another box to change the password.  I did have to answer a security question, then it allowed me to change the password, and also showed the new criteria that passwords need to have. I changed the password by added a Caps letter and some numbers, and that worked.

Hope that helps

Z3rider
I've been here awhile
For those who used their old password to get to the Manage Email Accounts screen, you still need to click on Account Information and then change your password. That worked for me.

skierjaa
I've been around

I am unable to access my emails as well.  Does anyone know if Rogers is trying to correct this issue?

I reported it about 6:30 pm and was sent a case number. The agent told me I didn’t have to change any password, it was an issue with Yahoo mail. My email hasn’t worked since 3:30 pm Nov 5. No Status Update from Rogers. They suck at customer service.

John-Paul
I plan to stick around

Changing your password is the solution that Rogers is giving on Twitter (@RogersHelps).

I changed my password and my email started working again.

SOLUTION - Change your password

EmilyAnez
I've been around
Does anyone know how long this will last? We are going on to 24 hours. There is work to be done!

CanadianQT
I've been here awhile

I contacted Rogers about this last night, and was sent an SMS this morning to tell me that the issue had been fixed; however, I am STILL having the same problem!!! Changing passwords is not an option, as two of my accounts won't even log in to the member site (they say, "Sorry, we can't find the username or password in our records. Please try again."). This is a bigger issue than just changing passwords!! Extremely frustrating and disruptive, as we all need access to our email!!

habsrule999
I plan to stick around

SO... I broke down and went to the member website site and changed the password to use all 4 of the requirements. Then from IPAD outlook i tried to login and it took the new (4 requirements) password. so all good... Then i tried the phone but that still did not work no matter what i tried... Then i tried my IWN10 laptopp running Thunderbird email client and that did not work either. So i had to do , as someone else suggested, to generate an APP password. Then i put the generated app password into the thunderbird login and that worked too...I'll try the phone when my wife gets back at the end of the day..

So Rogers strikes again!!!. No updates, changing stuff without telling anyone and no help!!!......

John-Paul
I plan to stick around

Well the app password is nothing new, Rogers sent out an email about that a few years ago. 

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet-Knowledge-Base/Updating-your-Rogers-Yahoo-Email-Setti...

The problem now is that Rogers changed the password requirements for iOS and the webmail login with any kind of communication and locked out anyone whose password didn't meet the requirements.

I caved too and changed my password to use all the 4 requirements. It seems to work as it has let me long in on my laptop (through the web) and on my iphone. FIngers crossed this keeps working!

DC62CA
I've been here awhile
This is the 3rd time this year that email has redirected to the Member Centre. Rogers is doing a very poor job of being proactive and now reactive. Could this be the last straw? And like yourself I too have been with them for over 20 years...not happy years I might add 😉

kuhnberg
I plan to stick around

I'm having the same issue.  It started last night and is still not working.  I came here to see if anyone else was having trouble and lo and behold you are.  I guess I will attempt a password change. ***sigh***

ernielau01
I've been around

Change to a stronger password works.....no need to waste your time to wait on the phone.

outpost164
I've been around

same thing here, 20 years same account and emails and now the primary email has vanished and one of my secondary emails has stopped working yesterday.

chuckyman
I've been around