cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Disconnecting & Reconnecting

melc32
I've been here awhile

I have been dealing with this for months and months, I work from home and rely on a stable connection for call after call after call.  The modem lights says white, the app says great speeds, but doesn't matter, whether wifi or hard wired the connection drops.  Again the modem says good, and white light and rogers says no issues reported, all looks good.  I have replace all of my ethernet cables at a cost, even though it is not that as wifi drops also.  When it disconnects takes from 2-5 minutes to reconnect devices.  Months and Months of this and to no avail, techs have checked outside, inside everything - what to do - Rogers takes my money promptly every month and I lose money from work with this connection but I pay a lot for it!  This is just beyond ridiculous...can anyone help please????

**Labels Updated**

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Intermittent Disconnecting & Reconnecting

Smols
I plan to stick around

Ive been dealing with a similar issue, suspected its an OFDMA issue they've added in.

Trencher69
I've been here awhile

Same here, it’s driving me crazy! They refuse to do anything to fix and just keep sending techs who basically shrug 

RogersYasmine

Hello @melc32 ,

We appreciate you joining us in the community and for sharing your internet connection concerns. Having your signal drop randomly, especially while working, is certainly not ideal. 😞

It sounds like the dropped signal is happening across multiple devices, simultaneously, is that correct? How often is the connection dropping? Does it only happen during certain times of day/night? Has your modem been swapped since this issue began?

@Smols & @Trencher69: I understand you are facing a similar issue as well. Feel free to share some more details about what is happening at your end and what troubleshooting steps have already been completed, without success.

I'll also tag in some of our Resident Experts to see if they have any ideas that they can share: @-G-  @Datalink  

Thank you,

RogersYasmine

melc32
I've been here awhile

that is correct, ALL devices whether hard wired or wifi -- happens anytime, all over the place no rhyme or reason, modem been swapped 3 times.  Tech support been in numerous times - all the same answer "it's not us it's you"

unacceptable when we pay for a service and the service is not stable!

@RogersYasmine wrote:

I'll also tag in some of our Resident Experts to see if they have any ideas that they can share:

The first place to start is to go through troubleshooting steps in https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Troubleshooting-a-Slow-or-Intermittent-Connection-Wir...

You want to make sure that you signal levels are within acceptable norms and that the uncorrectable codewords errors are all zeros (or close to zero) across all channels.

I'm not sure what to say about the dropouts that last for minutes at a time.  When this happens, I would log into your Gateway with a web browser, go to "Gateway > Connection > Rogers Network"  and check your stats.  Do things look normal or do you see something that looks like this

Channels-2024-02-12.png

or this

ChannelStats 2023-09-17 9AM.png

where some or all of your channels drop out?

If your service is dropping out, even of your modem does not completely lose registration, somebody at Rogers should be able to see it, and see whether it affects just you or everybody in your service area.  A level-1 tech support agents will likely not have access to these stats but their support teams will... and the @CommunityHelps team can investigate as well.

The Casa DAA / R-PHY nodes can be very unstable in some configurations .

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 in conversation