Hitron Modem keeps dropping internet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Re: Hitron Modem keeps dropping internet

Hey @notaguard,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I rely heavily on my Internet for work so I know how annoying and inconvenient degraded service can be. Have you been able to verify the service is indeed cut off when the connection drops? Are either the downstream/upstream or online light indicators flashing during that time? 

For testing purposes, when this occurs again can you remove your router and test the connection with our modem while unbridged? I'll tag a couple of our Resident Experts for more insight. @Datalink @Gdkitty @gp-se. As always, community feel free to chime in!

RogersCilio

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Truthfully, i dont think its specifically the modem.

There are a bunch of us on here with the coda modems, on varying levels of plans, dont have regular dropouts.

My wonder if its something else more local going on, at the local node, the CMTS, etc.

I'm Here A Lot

Hello and thanks for your reply. The upload and download LED lights flash and the "@" LED light is off when the connectivity is lost on the modem. Plugged directly into the wall. Connectivity is lost on my wired devices so naturally wifi goes out too. Tried everything to resolve and next step 8s to get a technician out. Can be good for a few days but then will drop several times a day. Will reconnect in its own after a few minutes, but also sometimes requires a reboot. Very annoying.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@notaguard wrote:
Hello and thanks for your reply. The upload and download LED lights flash and the "@" LED light is off when the connectivity is lost on the modem. Plugged directly into the wall. Connectivity is lost on my wired devices so naturally wifi goes out too. Tried everything to resolve and next step 8s to get a technician out. Can be good for a few days but then will drop several times a day. Will reconnect in its own after a few minutes, but also sometimes requires a reboot. Very annoying.

@notaguard

Can you log into the modem and goto the DOCSIS WAN page, then post the signal levels please. Also the DOCSIS LAN errors.

Most likely it's a neighbourhood issue affecting your Node/CMTS. When you call into tech support, ask them to check other people in your neighbourhood / node for issues. It could also be the splitter/cabling to your house if it's an older house/cable. 

I'm Here A Lot

I've actually replaced the modem last night. If the problem persists, I will post results and follow up with tech services as you suggest.
I'm Here A Lot

I moved to a new condo complex, which to my surprise appeared to be a "Rogers only" building. Which means Rogers has an agreement with management so other providers can't provide their service in that building. (is it even legal?)

So, the problem is Rogers internet doesn't work. The issue is the same as in this thread. The connection works for a while and then it drops for a few hours. Then it appears again an so on. It happens every single day.  Tech guy didn't help. Switching modems didn't help.

I pay every single check for a service which I am forced to use which doesn't work 80% of the time. In 2018....

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Hichdima wrote:

I moved to a new condo complex, which to my surprise appeared to be a "Rogers only" building. Which means Rogers has an agreement with management so other providers can't provide their service in that building. (is it even legal?)

So, the problem is Rogers internet doesn't work. The issue is the same as in this thread. The connection works for a while and then it drops for a few hours. Then it appears again an so on. It happens every single day.  Tech guy didn't help. Switching modems didn't help.

I pay every single check for a service which I am forced to use which doesn't work 80% of the time. In 2018....

When you say the connection drops, does the modem lights power off/blink? Can you log in to the modem and post the DOCSIS WAN and DOCSIS LOGS please. Also if the service doesn't work 80% of the time make sure you contact Rogers during that time and ask them to run a signal check to the modem. 

I'm Here A Lot

Two lights with "home" icon that are supposed to be blue, become green and the internet disappears. At this moment it works. Attached is DOCSIS-WAN screenshot. Didn't find DOCSIS LOGS tho.

Thank you for your help.DOCSIS-WAN

I'm Here A Lot

My problem was rectified by getting a new modem and also a direct connection to the outside line, and getting rid of Rogers home phone. I run the Rogers modem in bridge mode and use my own Asus router.
I've Been Around

I am having the same issues with DOCSIS event log indicating the following

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-;CMTS-MAC=00:17:10:98:14:95;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

(Removed personal information- RogersAli)