cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email problems

ATP13
I plan to stick around

Today my desktop Outlook 365 is not working for Rogers email

And now my cellphone email client is not working either.

Keeps asking for new password.

Rogers Member Centre not working - keeps telling me something is wrong on their end and to try again.

Managed to log into Yahoo mail via website  - I see my clients have not been working since about 1:00pm April 3.

Is there something I am missing?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Email problems

ATP13
I plan to stick around

I spoke with Rogers technical support - both internet and wireless.

They started off by getting me to change my password for email. OK. Still no luck with getting it to work on my Outlook on PC (Win10 with Outlook365) or my Samsung phone (Blackberry Hub+ app - ye sI know but it works great to interate al my emails and phones, etc). I did get it to work on my Macbook using Outlook365 though....

Indeed Password App Generator is not working. Technical Support advised it is a known problem and this may take weeks to resolve. Outlook for PC/Android require app generator apparently, not Mac.

On my cellphone was able to add an account for email as follows:

Settings - Accounts and backup - Manage Accounts

Scroll to bottom and Add Account

Scroll down to Email (it has a orange coloured folder icon)

Add Yahoo! mail - just added my email address and password.

OK so now I have a different email client on my phone not set-up with my intergated Hub.

On my PC desktop no email other than using webmail.

My Macbook is still linked with Outlook.

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ATP13 wrote: Rogers Member Centre not working - keeps telling me something is wrong on their end and to try again.  Is there something I am missing?

There are several recent threads on this forum regarding the issue of the App Passwords generator not working.  See the links below. Not sure if your issue is the same, but it's been going on for some people for about a month.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Can-t-create-App-password/td-p/504809

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/MyRogers-Rogers-Apps/Rogers-App-Password-Generator/m-p/505006/...

ATP13
I plan to stick around

Yes and No.

Part of the problem is in indeed that the App Generator is not working.

The other part is the mystery of why my email clients (both desktop and cellphone) stopped working today claiming my password is not valid.

I can still log onto the Rogers Yahoo webmail....

ATP13
I plan to stick around

And I should add that I have my own company email through Microsoft 365 that still works - so I know it is Rogers related.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ATP13 wrote: The other part is the mystery of why my email clients (both desktop and cellphone) stopped working today claiming my password is not valid.

Not sure why.  I just tested my Outlook on MS365 and it's still working for me.

ATP13
I plan to stick around

I spoke with Rogers technical support - both internet and wireless.

They started off by getting me to change my password for email. OK. Still no luck with getting it to work on my Outlook on PC (Win10 with Outlook365) or my Samsung phone (Blackberry Hub+ app - ye sI know but it works great to interate al my emails and phones, etc). I did get it to work on my Macbook using Outlook365 though....

Indeed Password App Generator is not working. Technical Support advised it is a known problem and this may take weeks to resolve. Outlook for PC/Android require app generator apparently, not Mac.

On my cellphone was able to add an account for email as follows:

Settings - Accounts and backup - Manage Accounts

Scroll to bottom and Add Account

Scroll down to Email (it has a orange coloured folder icon)

Add Yahoo! mail - just added my email address and password.

OK so now I have a different email client on my phone not set-up with my intergated Hub.

On my PC desktop no email other than using webmail.

My Macbook is still linked with Outlook.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ATP13 wrote:

...Outlook for PC/Android require app generator apparently, not Mac.

I use Outlook 365 on my Mac Mini M2 and it doesn't work with the "regular" password that is used for Webmail.  Maybe your app PW was still there and there was just a glitch on the Mac and it started working again.

I recently upgraded to the Mac Mini M2 and, although all my app PWs are fine, the one in my wife's Outlook account disappeared into the ether.  I tried the Webmail PW and it doesn't work.  As you know the App PW generator doesn't work, so her Outlook account is out of commission for now.  Luckily she doesn't use e-mail much and is fine with going to Webmail until this is fixed.

P.S. I did not need an App PW to set up "Mail" on my iPad when I set that up a year or two ago - the Webmail PW worked.

This is unacceptable. Everything was working up until yesterday April 5/2023. Something has changed at Rogers end.

falcios
I'm an enthusiast

Is there still a Yahoo Mail issue?

Has a workaround been established to be able to access email through Outlook?

Thanks.

Attila_
I plan to stick around

My wife's Outlook stopped working about 2 months ago and now my Outlook stopped working 2 weeks ago as well.  Rogers changed something as it has been working fine from one day to the next.

This is unacceptable that the issue has not been resolved and is forcing us to use a very primitive web interface.

I would like a Roger's reply to this thread as to why this has not been resolved yet.

E-SK
I plan to stick around

I am having the same exact issue as everyone here. Rogers/Yahoo email account is not acceptable to be set up in Outlook, not on my Android version, and not on my Office 2021 desktop version. Error, error, error right after asking me for a password. Yet, the webmail version, using the same credentials works just fine with my two xxx@rogers.com email accounts. The App Passwords generator at Rogers email account settings needs to be reinstated again for this issue to potentially be resolved.

There is no imperative at Rogers to fix this since they can push advertising out to you if you are forced to use the Web interface.  Outlook lets you read your email unaccosted by unwanted email.  This "broken" app password generator prevents that, so now you MUST see the adverts.  

electricblue12
I'm here a lot

Is there a way to forward rogers mail elsewhere ?  2 months and counting, this is useless to me

@electricblue12 This is no longer a feature of Rogers e-mail.  See the post below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Email-Forwarding-rogers-com-email-address/m-p/494386/...

There is an option for Yahoo clients, but I don't believe it'll work for Rogers.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN29133.html;_ylt=AwrEnajqOFFk9ywRjK7rFAx.;_ylu=Y29sbwNiZjEEcG9zAzEEdnRpZ...

stillonhold
I've been around

I have spent countless wasted hours waiting on hold for tech support for this issue where I cannot use Office 2021 Outlook which I purchased mainly for Outlook because  I can use all my e-mail accounts in one place. Two months now! This is so completely outrageous that I cannot believe Rogers is not purposefully forcing us to use Yahoo with its obtrusive ads and pop-ups. Is there a way to contact Microsoft to try and pressure or resolve this with Rogers?

Nathan16
I've been around
I have the same problem too. I learned the issue is with Rogers. Their password generator is not working. Since the problem started, I have switched to Thunderbird. Either I use Thunderbird or Rogers Webmail. Both are working fine.

arnoldvilleneuv
I've been here awhile

This problem is still ongoing as of July 11 2023 and Rogers Technical Support has no idea when it will be fixed. Their solution is to force you to buy Office 365 from them! 

@arnoldvilleneuv wrote:

Their solution is to force you to buy Office 365 from them! 

I assume you're talking about the App Password issue and the fact that one cannot currently be generated by Roges/Yahoo since early March.

1. You would purchase/lease MS356 from MS, not Rogers.

2. However, Outlook part of MS356 has the same issue if you don't have an app PW.  This is not a solution.

3. The last sentence of your post makes no sense to me.  Please clarify?

arnoldvilleneuv
I've been here awhile

You can purchase Microsoft 365 from Rogers directly. I have been a Rogers customer since 1992 and a Microsoft Silver Cloud Partner since 2009. I do my research. 

GilbertB
I've been here awhile

A solution to this problem is to join the Office 365 Insider Program and switch to the Beta Channel.  That channel has a Yahoo connector that does not rely on an app password.  The current version of Thunderbird does the same thing - no requirement for an app password and no issue.  The Office 365 Current Channel, at least as of today, does not connect properly.

neena0
I plan to stick around

Last week I received a notification from Rogers via my outlook 365 (windows 11) that my Rogers account was now synchronized.  I have no idea what that was about as it was a pop up that disappeared and that was it.  Since then I've had the following problem on my Desktop (windows 11) and Laptop (windows 10)-both with Microsoft 365 and have Rogers as my ISP.  (Everything so far (knock wood) is working fine on my Apple phone-which is not on Rogers). First, all my yahoo specific email addresses (4 of them) started showing the emails from only 1 of them on outlook, they were all fine on the web when I go to Yahoo directly.  The rogers email started asking for credentials and not recognizing them.  I have gone on the Web directly and changed passwords for all email addresses, (yahoo, gmail, rogers), for my microsoft account.  On the web, everything appears to be fine.  I have deleted my old Outlook 365 profile and created a new one and only loaded my yahoo and gmail email addresses-not Rogers but my yahoo accounts will not update and (gmail is fine) and I keep getting asked for Rogers credentials sign in even though I do not have a rogers account feeding to my outlook.  Even though I keep canceling the credentials request, it keeps popping up preventing me from working.  As a note, I've noticed, the pop up shows up 8 times - I have 4 yahoo accounts (I'm guessing twice -receiving and sending-for each yahoo account).  I get a send/receive error message telling me that cannot connect with server and to check with ISP - I really don't want to call Rogers as when it comes to mail, they are hopeless as they just direct you to Yahoo.  This has got to be a Rogers issue!

Topic Stats