cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone using PIA's VPN with Ignite internet?

Bob7
I plan to stick around

I'm considering switching from cable to Ignite, but saw the thread on probs using VPN's on the Ignite system ("Issues with Connecting to VPN w/ Ignite").  PIA works great with the internet I get with cable, called Ignite 75, but I expect it's different than the Ignite that comes with the new system.    Is anyone using PIA with the Ignite TV/Phone/Net system?  GDKitty posted a "yes" many months ago but no response to my modem question, don't know if this info is still up to date.  Thx.

*** Edited Labels ***

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Anyone using PIA's VPN with Ignite internet?

Bplayer
I'm a trusted contributor

I have not used PIA but have successfully used NordVPN, Ivacy, and TunnelBear with Ignite. No idea why any of the commercial VPN's would not work.

mike881881881
I'm here a lot

I have been using PIA with Rogers Ignite with no issues at all. Also, I didn't have any issues with PIA on Rogers internet before I upgraded to Ignite Internet/TV/Home Phone.

I hope this helps!

I did reply to your personal PM.
Remember, other than the ROGERS guys, even people like me, are just regular users, and not paid for any of this, etc, and we have lives and stuff outside of being on the forums 🙂

While not regularly, I do use PIA for my VPN.  Used on both my phone and 2 of my PCs.

I am running the original Arris modem, not the technicolor XB6 for Ignite.

Bob7
I plan to stick around

Thx guys.  Mike which modem are you using?

I had a trial sub to SurfShark, but we discovered that IPv6 information was leaking. SurfShark had not enabled IPv6 yet, and Rogers told me you can't disable IPv6 because it's needed for Ignite TV. I cancelled the SurfShark sub, but be aware that this problem exists.

Pguy
I plan to stick around

What about using Ipv4?

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 in conversation