cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart program

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Good day,

So here is something that does not work.

Take a jays game, last night for instance it went 14 innings. If you record it it automatically extents the recording time to record the whole game, 4plus hours instead of 3 hours. That works great....BUT

If the game starts at 7pm, echeduled to 10pm, if at 8pm I go to the guide and on that program is the restart icon I can restart from the beginning and skip the commercials. But the restarted program does not extend itself past the scheduled program time. Once 3 hours is up it ends but the game was expanded way past the 3 hours. So if you are watching it via the restart function you will miss some of program because not you are finished the scheduled time.

I like to watch the game in 4k, but I don't record it in 4k because I may watch the game on my tablet on the back deck so I need to record the HD version.

Just a note of something that does not work.

Have a good day.

Bill

**Labels Added**

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Restart program

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

A couple of possible workarounds?

1. If you plan to watch via the restart feature in 4K, set a recording for the HD channel (with time added), and then if something goes amiss, at least you have the HD ending of the programme to watch wherever.  

2. Set a recording for the programme that airs after any live programme, and extend that recording. I do that all the time for my F1 races, which have sometimes extended by hours and often are not "caught" by the "live" extended programme function....

3. Not sure if this would have been possible for last night's game, but if the programme airing after the game had a restart feature, you could have watched that?

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

1, I always record it HD regardless.

I get around it one way or another. It was just a note.

dkr2001
I've been here awhile

Yeah I agree, something is broken with the restart feature. I just had the same thing happen with a movie I restarted. The movie was scheduled to end at 4pm, I restarted it around 3pm, started watching, everything was fine.... then right at 4pm I get a "You need an active subscription to this channel or something like that..." and the playback stops... with no way for me to get it back. I never thought to record it since the whole point of restarting it was to watch it *now*. This is pretty ridiculous.

The fact that you're restarting a program guarantees you'll go past the scheduled end time, so this is clearly broken. I'm pretty sure I've restarted things in the past and not run into this so it feels like a new bug unless I'm missing something.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@dkr2001 : If a movie is available to restart, it is often also available on-demand. Did you try doing a voice command search for it to see if it is/was available?

@dkr2001 wrote:

"You need an active subscription to this channel or something like that..."

That is a very odd message to get since you're watching the channel...

dkr2001
I've been here awhile

Yes I agree, I was going from memory so might have got the exact wording wrong. FWIW I was watching on the web app (https://ignitetv.rogers.com).

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation