cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change WiFi network on Ignite TV cable box

CatherineJG
I've been around

How do I change the WiFi settings on a Rogers Ignite TV cable box?

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Change WiFi network on Ignite TV cable box

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

On the remote:  hold down the exit button for 5 seconds, then down arrow twice and then type 9434 (it spells WIFI) should bring you into the wifi settings for the Xi6

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

On the remote:  hold down the exit button for 5 seconds, then down arrow twice and then type 9434 (it spells WIFI) should bring you into the wifi settings for the Xi6

falcios
I'm an enthusiast

Great information. Good to know.

Has this process changed recently as nothing happens when I hold down exit button on my remote.

Greetings @fathertime, 😊

That's strange. The process still works on my end here. I just have a few questions for you in hopes of getting this ironed out:

Have you tried rebooting the Ignite TV box? 

Are you getting the same result when you say  "WiFi Settings" directly into the remote? 

In the event that does not work, feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. If you're not familiar on how our Private Messaging works, you can find out more here.  

Regards, 

RogersJo 

kodiak7
I've been here awhile
Holding the exitbbutton on my remote does not nothing.

kenevin
I've been around
I thought the same thing, I was waiting for a prompt for the next step (the down button etc) . After a while I decided to keep going without waiting for a prompt and it worked no problem at all! Perhaps others were doing the same.

Ivanmm
I've been around
Rogers should just add an option in the menu to change network settings. Easy software fix.
Maybe they just want everyone to get the pods and add to their monthly bill...

mbalo
I've been around

i tried the steps above and when pressing the exit button on remote just causes live logo to come on middle of tv screen.  Not able to get any further.   

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mbalo wrote:

i tried the steps above and when pressing the exit button on remote just causes live logo to come on middle of tv screen.  Not able to get any further.   

@mbalo : You have to hold the exit button down for at least 5 seconds (there may be a brief black screen after 5 seconds) then follow the instructions in the solution post - copied again below.  The networks will not appear on the screen until shortly after you key in 9434.

U-515
I've been here awhile

@57 I'm in the same position to try to put the Xi6 on a different network. I kept the "Exit" button on the remote pressed , even more than 5 secs. "Live" appears, screen flickers few times then then the time bar (as of recorded content appears). Pressing the "arrow down" on the remote ( let me be clear: the arrow down button is the one in the center of the remote, surrounding the <OK>) does nothing.

Can you be please more explicit of what "feedback" do I need to have from the box? Or there is none?

Thank you

U-515
I've been here awhile

Update: after some Internet search found a "procedure" that worked for me: instead teh <Exit> button use the <Rogers> button on teh remote. Then <down arrow> twice, then 9434. Do not expect any "feedback" from teh Xi6 - nothing visible is happening until you finish the whole sequence. If successful, you'll be presented a menu to change the network.

Best,

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yep, as stated in my post:

The networks will not appear on the screen until shortly after you key in 9434.

Totopopo
I've been around
Does not work. When pressing exit for 5 seconds it just flickers. Then press down arrow twice. And then 9434 just goes to a channel

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Totopopo : It should work.  Another person had the following instructions instead:

..after some Internet search found a "procedure" that worked for me: instead teh <Exit> button use the <Rogers> button on teh remote, holding it for at least 5 seconds. Then <down arrow> twice, then 9434. Do not expect any "feedback" from teh Xi6 - nothing visible is happening until you finish the whole sequence. If successful, you'll be presented a menu to change the network.

Remember, you need to hold the Exit (or Rogers) button for at least 5 seconds.  If it doesn't work for you, hand the remote to someone else and read the following instructions to them.  This often works because "muscle memory" kicks in for the original person:

On the remote:  hold down the exit button for at least 5 seconds, then down arrow twice and then type 9434 (it spells WIFI) should bring you into the wifi settings for the Xi6

Topic Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 12 in conversation