cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Lag on Ignite TV

Olga2
I've Been Here Awhile

I just switched to Rogers Ignite internet and TV.
I can see that voice lags vs video on ALL channels. Very annoying! I see multiple posts about it, but yet to see a resolution. Is constant video box rebooting will be my life now on or is there a lasting solution for the issue?

***Edited Labels***

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Audio Lag on Ignite TV

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The resolution is usually to set the audio output of the Ignite TV box to "Stereo" instead of any of the other settings like DD or Expert or Auto.

Olga2
I've Been Here Awhile
Thanks! It solved the issue 👍

Pipeline41
I've Been Around
It does work but we shouldn’t have to change setting to Stereo when there better options available. When is Rogers going to correct this issue?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Pipeline41 wrote:
It does work but we shouldn’t have to change setting to Stereo when there better options available.

2. When is Rogers going to correct this issue?

1. If you're listing to your TV speakers, the stereo setting is perfectly adequate and you shouldn't hear any difference between the various audio output settings on the Rogers box.

If you're listening via an AVR (audio video receiver) then there can be a slight difference when listening to DD5.1 signals (more discrete rear channel audio), but often there is no perceivable difference there either if the AVR invokes a surround sound mode like Dolby Pro Logic II.  You would need a very good DD5.1 mix on a programme with lots of rear channel audio and discrete signals to the LR & RR speakers to hear any difference.

2. I'm not sure this is a Rogers issue completely since I don't recall hearing any issues regarding audio delays with an AVR, rather it appears to be limited to certain makes/models of TV, which would indicate that it's a TV manufacturer issue/incompatibility. 

There is a totally different issue which has been discussed regarding the lack of proper DD5.1 on recorded programming on IgniteTV, however, that is a totally separate subject discussed in its own thread.  The workaround for that is again to use the stereo setting and invoke DPLII in the AVR.

dezilu
I've Been Around

how do i do that i need step by step

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@dezilu wrote:

how do i do that i need step by step

I assume you're asking how to set the output to stereo on an IgniteTV box.  Press Rogers - Scroll completely to the right to the "Settings" icon, press settings - Device Settings - Audio - HDMI Audio Output - Select Stereo, hit Exit key to exit.

The next thing you should do is go through all of the various settings to ensure that the box behaves like you want, not in any default settings (for video, audio, power, etc).

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 in conversation