Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Rogers RF remote

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

https://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/remote/416?setLanguage=en

Have yet to pick one up myself.. but will possibly try this week.

Its an RF remote, so it doesnt need line of sight.
This will be a great asset to people wanting to set up a home theatre, etc type of setup where the box may not be right infront of the TV itself.

Though.. the TV on/off part of it (or any other paired devices) will still be done via IR and not RF.

***Edited Labels***

335 REPLIES 335

Re: New Rogers RF remote

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@bscrivens : Here's the link for Chat, note the times:

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/support/contactus

MrMontagoose
I plan to stick around

Sorry, when I said "manufacturer's site"I meant the remote, not the sound bar.

bscrivens
I plan to stick around

Alright well I talked to a Rogers representative and he basically said it probably isn't supported, meanwhile I've seen others say they have had success pairing theirs on here. I don't know what gives.

GLABRQ97
I've been here awhile
I would like to pair the RF remote to turn on/off the Sat/TV/sound system on the same time? How are we doing that?

GLABRQ97
I've been here awhile

My other remote was paired. new RF remote doesn't know how to!?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@GLABRQ97 wrote:
I would like to pair the RF remote to turn on/off the Sat/TV/sound system on the same time? How are we doing that?

Go to the following website for information on the remote.

https://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/champion-plus-urc2125b0-bb/

Programme in the appropriate code for your various devices.  Then programme the "Watch Cable" functionality to turn on/off those devices, assuming you've found working codes for those devices first.

Loopy
I've been here awhile

I also find that the 2125 remote seems to lose the programing for cable.  Any time I want to  change a channel or move the volume up or down I have to press the cable button for the remote to become responsive. Sometimes I have to press the cable button a few times before it becomes responsive.  Definitely not a good remote.

Rogers we expect better from you.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@LoopyWhen you go to change channels and it "does not respond", which of the device buttons lights up instead of CABLE?  My 2125 always stays on CABLE. It's the old Atlas one that loses the cable function when one of the other device buttons gets pressed. I always make sure I press the CBL button on that one before using it to ensure my PVR and TV don't get out of phase. How long have you had this 2125 remote and when did it start doing that? You know you can take it to a Rogers store and they'll give you a new one.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Loopy
I've been here awhile

Thank you for responding Old Yeller.  The button seems to go back to the TV button.  I then have to push the cable button some times several times to get it to stay there long enough to change the channel or pump up the volume.   Maybe it's just me and technology.   Not a good combination.  Maybe I'll try and find a Rogers store and take it back because it's very annoying. Thanks again for your reply.

zone2kk
I've been around

remote doesn't work on nextbox

For some reason the remote stopped working for the TV and the nextbox.  I was able to reprogram the remote to control the TV, but can't find anything on resetting the control for the nextbox.  i.e. can't change channels or view the guide or anything like that, but I can turn the TV on/off and control the volume no problem.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@zone2kk wrote:

...can't change channels or view the guide or anything like that, but I can turn the TV on/off and control the volume no problem.

I assume you've pressed the "Cable" button at the top right of the remote to send signals to the box and not the TV?  Does the Cable light flash when you press the buttons?  If you call Rogers they should be able to provide you with a sequence of button presses to get the remote back to "factory (Rogers) settings".  You can then reprogramme the TV portion if necessary.

Perhaps someone here will provide that information, but a call might be easiest, or use "Share a Concern" or Twitter or FB.

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/contactus/share-a-concern

There's also the URC website that may have something:

https://www.urcsupport.com/

https://42mi922hlub72m4rv51tqiip-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Champion-Plus-Ma...

MikeDoba
I'm here a lot

Just picked up the RF Champion remote paired it with my Nextbox 3.0, works fine but not in RF mode, meaning line of sight needs to be there. I did the "pairing" holding setup + up arrow .. still nothing

So I either need an IR Extender cable or Harmony remote correct?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@MikeDoba : Did you follow the complete instructions per post 3 of this thread?

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/New-Rogers-RF-remote/m-p/355423#M38384

Did you get the "confirmation"?  It should work with the 9865.  (I assume you have the 9865 PVR - model number on the front of the PVR)

MikeDoba
I'm here a lot

Yes I followed the Pairing Mode instructions, the cable button flashes continually, 63 times I think I counted.. still not working in RF.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Try "unpairing" and then "repairing".  It shouldn't require that many flashes.  See instructions below:

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/program-your-remote-to-work-with-devices/navigatre-f...

Do you have the 9865 PVR?

MikeDoba
I'm here a lot

yes I have the 9865 PVR.. I tried unpairing as per video instructions, the light blinks only one time. 

I tried Pairing again, again something like 73 flashes lol.. obviously pairing not working, Im holding the remote directly in front of the receiver.  

Update 2.0 

Soo its not the Remote its my receiver I think. I have the same receiver upstairs, and managed to program both new remotes in RF mode and both remotes work! confirmed. Yet I cant set either remote downstairs to the exact same receiver as upstairs.. Weird.  

UPDATE 3.0 - Super weird Keep up!

Since the upstairs receiver programmed successfully in RF I took it downstairs in exchange for the one down here. Once the receiver from downstairs was upstairs it too took the RF programming the first time. Yet it wouldn't do it when located in basement. So now both receivers work in RF mode .. Sweet

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Be aware, per the link in my previous post, that you should not use RF if you have more than one PVR since you might affect the one in the other room when you don't want to.  Make sure that doesn't happen by "seeing" what happens to the "other" PVR when controlling the first PVR.  Perhaps the "pairing" is unique and you won't affect the other one.  I don't have this remote.

The reboots caused by moving the PVRs probably fixed any firmware issues allowing you to pair.

MikeDoba
I'm here a lot
You're Probably right, the reboot fixed any issues.
Didn't see any interferance issues going on between the two receivers even when the rooms are directly above each other.

Thanks for the help

Jeffmac
I've been here awhile

I have a brand new Rogers remote and I have to press any button 3 times before it works. Say I hit the guide button. The cable button flashes twice and nothing happens. Press it again quickly after and it works. Want to change a channel and press 5 and nothing happens. I wait and the cable button flashes twice. Then I have to input the number again. Very frustrating