cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certain Apps Connect over Wi-Fi but not Data.

Dave2861
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello

There are apps on my iphone 6s that will not connect to my security cameras when on cellular but have no problem when on wifi. I have done the network reset, deleted the app and reinstalled, erased the phone and restored from the back up. Still does it though. Tonight I took the simm card out and tried my daughters from another carrier and the apps worked fine like they should. Reinstalled my rogers simm and problem is back. It seems to have started after the ios 11.4 update, 11.41 update didn't fix the problem either. in settings its says Rogers 32.0 for carrier

Also my wife's iphone is behaving the same so I don't think it is a simm card problem

Any ideas

*** Edited Labels ***

53 REPLIES 53

Re: Certain Apps Connect over Wi-Fi but not Data.

cderksen
I've Been Here Awhile
I reached out like you suggested but have since been told Rogers does not support IPv4 but the problem has been fixed for me. Ironically, everything now works again so I guess support isn’t sure if IPv4 is supported or not.

switchel
I've Been Here Awhile
Hi Jnick1982,

Where you aware that Rogers is now telling users that it can longer help user with this problem under the pretext that they are getting to many request. Are you aware of this by any chance ?

Regards,
Switchel

@switchel wrote:
Hi Jnick1982,

Where you aware that Rogers is now telling users that it can longer help user with this problem under the pretext that they are getting to many request. Are you aware of this by any chance ?

Regards,
Switchel

I haven't heard of this, however I'm hoping they provide a network wide fix. I know a few people being impacted by this... myself included. 

switchel
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi all, 

Could we get a confirmation from a Rogers employes by any chance then ? 

Best regards,

Switchel

It's "PEACE" of mind, unless you're describing a lobotomy, which is what it feels like every time I try to use the online site just to top up. You'd think they'd want to take my money.