Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

Received a call from Rogers yesterday. I was advised that the problem is an old wireless account (10 years ago) that keeps popping up in the system when the automated credit check is done. I have to wait until my next billing cycle which starts November 9 and they will call me back for the cell set up... 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

sigh... Rogers... how long do you want us to wait?
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers sent me a SMS on OCT-27, which is asked me to call support line again, then I called and mentioned my ticket number, the support rep told me that I should able to activate my watch on Nov-01 without any problem as they already settled all issue on their side.

OK, I tried again on Nov-01 early morning, and the result as same as before... error WS502

I'm new to Rogers, just few months, so far is okay until I revived my apple watch on Oct-10, totally disappointed, even I willing to help Rogers for trouble shooting &  willing to pay $30 + $120 a year, but I got nothing.

I'm not going to try anymore, will jump to Bell shortly

IMG_0324.png

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I hope not too many people are still affected by this, but if you are, you should definitely get in touch with the support here . I had the WS504 issue and couldn’t activate my watch. I found this forum and sent a message to CommunityHelps here. @RogersLaura got back to me right away and after some back and forth (for account authentification etc), voila! My watch is on the cell network. It took less than an hour. The issue had something to do with outdated internal credit checks. I highly recommend reaching out to the support team on this forum instead of Rogers CS (who told me it would take 7-10 days for the engineers to look into it). I really appreciated how RogersLaura didn’t drop the ball and kept updating me on what they were doing and why throughout the process—and this was on a weekend. I’m a happy customer!
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Im thinking change providers
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Just got a series 4. Keep getting the error stating my rogers account is not eligible to enable cellular on your Apple Watch. Contacted Rogers, they didn’t know a fix and opened a support ticket.
Fingers crossed it gets resolved soon.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Just received a call from Rogers concerning my WS503 error code I have since I bought the watch October 12. Now I am told I may have resolution on December 5. They will call me December 6 to confirm. Apparently the issue is due to tranferreing my land phone number to my cell. Two months to connect the Apple watch... serious consideration in keeping Rogers as my provider.... right now frustrated...

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Received a voicemail too for december 6th. I gave up and went with Bell. For the same price I got double the data... and a working apple watch... Sorry Rogers, you just lost me after 9 years!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyone having issues with connecting to LTE on Rogers with their AW4?  Not sure when I had this issue because for the most part the watch has been synced with my iPhone so it's always had a connection to the phone, but yesterday I noticed that the watch didn't have any cellular connection even though I have an active watch data plan for a month now.  Going to Settings > Cellular, it says my plan is with Rogers, but status is "No Connection".  I've tried rebooting the watch but didn't fix it.  Anyone have issues?  Waiting to chat with technical support but though I'd reach out to see if anyone else has a problem.  I'm in the GTA.  

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rvsoo7  the status is 'no connection' or 'not in use'?

Is the cellular icon on your watch black or white?  When away from your iPhone and wifi does it turn green still and just have zero bars?