Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

Apple Watch Series 3 Activation Issues (WS300, WS504) 

I wanted to detail my issues today, for anyone else who has been having issues getting their Apple Watch activated. 

This may or may not apply to a Series 4 watch, but they occurred on my S3.

WS300 - If you're getting this error message, its related to the 911 address fields. It's most likely related to the postal code. This system uses the Canada post postal code reference lookup algorithm. Your street address will have a specific postal code that this service is trying to reference, and if you enter the wrong one - it wont work. To compound issues, RURAL customers have a completely different set of problems, as you don't have a straight forward address.  

If you live in a rural area, (in my case Rural Alberta), you more than likely have 2 addresses for your house. One is your mailing address, which may have Site, Box, RR or something like that in it. And you more than likely have a Civil 911 address. This is the physical location of your home, so that emergency responders know how to locate you. And there is a good chance that because Canada Post does NOT deliver mail to your house - it won't have your actual address in their lookup system. (SOME DO! ... Some don't!). If you try to use either one of these (you SHOULD be trying to use the Civil 911 address), the system PROBABLY might not recognize the postal code associated to it.  After many failed attempts it locked me out completely and wouldn't work. After a 57 minute phone call with tech support it was figured out that there were 2 reasons I was locked out. First was the issue of the postal code. We tried forever to find an address associated with where I physically live that could make the system happy. This was not possible. THE ONLY FIX FOR THIS IS TO GIVE IT A 911 ADDRESS THAT EXISTS IN CANADA POST'S SYSTEM - WHETHER YOU LIVE THERE OR NOT. The tech support agent escalated this issue, and this was the only resolution they could give me - reluctantly. If i make a 911 phone call from my watch, and I am not able to communicate - the emergency responder may elect to go to the address registered on the device (IF THE GPS ISN'T AVAILABLE). He made sure I was aware that Rogers does not condone this as an option - but ... to the end of trying to get this resolved, its the only way to do it. I elected to use my work address which has a postal code Canada Post recognizes. 

To exacerbate issues further was Error WS504 I experienced shortly after WS300 came up. The rogers tech didn't even HAVE WS504 in his notes as a possible error. So after escalating this, he figured out that for whatever reason - my rogers account is pre-authorized to activate up to 7 lines under my account. They are hidden, but if i bring other devices, the system is authorized to give me up to 7 additional numbers should i need them. I have my phone, and one other data only device under my account. Which means I'm authorized up to 5 other devices remaining. EACH TIME I TRIED TO ACTIVATE MY APPLE WATCH (UNSUCCESSFULLY), it pre-authorized an additional activation for it. You do the math - after 5 unsuccessful attempts to activate my watch, it gave this error code, as no more lines were authorized on my account.

SO - If you have experienced WS504 - it might be because you have already failed the system out - whatever number of pre-authed accts you might have, maybe you have 7, maybe you have NONE. Either way, it appears at first glance this error is related to NOT being authorized to activate an additional line.

In closing - use an acceptable canada post address and matching postal code - whether its yours or not (notwithstanding its your own problem if 911 can't find you), and when you get WS504 - you gotta call in and have tech support release all the failed pre-auths. 

My Apple Watch S3 is successfully activated - but still doesn't actually receive a network signal yet ... which no one knows why, and has escalated that ... unresolved. 

Hope that helps SOME people.. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I suggest Rogers should waive the activation fee + 3-month of service fee for all Apple Watch users who spent time & helped for trouble shooting.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@User694

The phantom lines being added to your account and maxing out your approval limit throws a WS201 code. This is the first I’m hearing of it throwing a WS504 code.

That’s interesting.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Anyone here with Code WS509 or WS513???

I had several error codes since last week and spent hours and hours on the phone with different levels and was finally able to get past the « Add to my Share Everything » plan.

Now I’m able to get to entering my 911 info and can choose to use the Canada Post suggestion but get WS509 and WS513 right after.

The error details that my Smartwatch plan has been activated and added to my account but they are unable to link the plan to my smartwatch.

I called Roger about that and they told me to wait 7-10 days for resolution!

Anyone have this error?? Any help would be appreciated....
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi, the code I am getting is WS503 just before the 911 address screen. Still no resolution from Rogers since September 12. On my own I unpaired the Apple series 4 and re paired but as a new watch instead of using the backup from my series 2 watch. Got the same message. My husband on the same account as me was able to activate his watch first try no problem. And still working perfectly today.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

having same problem, different errors thrown before the 9-1-1 screen, when I do get to the 9-1-1 screen the continue is greyed out (even using many different methods to enter). 

Pretty annoyed like all the other posters here and in agreement that Rogers should wave $10 fee for a few months for Apple Watch purchasers for advertising something that doesn't work at all.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yep. free activation + few months credit... definitely feeling like doing beta testing for an unfinished product...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok so I’ve been activated for a day now. Got a call from Tom, I believe his name was and he let me know they had resolved the issues on the back end and sent me an updated carrier profile which appeared in the form of a pop up on my home screen. Then it was set up in under 2 minutes.

The resolution came on the heels of a young man named Matt in the client care center on Facebook messenger. He took charge over the course of 4 days total and kept combing through the account and kept pushing for updates from the technical team. It was when Matt jumped in I felt the whole process started gaining traction as he was the one who took it on himself to go the extra mile.

So my message to anyone still suffering is be patient, persistent and know it will take the likes of a Matt who will finally take charge and get it done. It’s as has been mentioned in this thread that they may have to comb through your account and find even the most minute detail. They found a blackberry service block on the account from 2010 when that line was cancelled.

It will get fixed, there is hope.

Happy LTE watch user
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Ok so quick update here! Kept trying and was able to go a step further by changing my 911 info and to my pleasant surprise it took me a step further!

However, one step further, to the activation, it was just a spinning wheel for quite a while and I had 17 « not in use » plans. I removed all of them and tried and it didn’t work. Called in and the rep had me unpair my watch and re-pair it. Basically I was able to get back to the activating status with the spinning wheel and eventually (after I was told they would call me back in 24h and hung up) the activation seemed to have worked because now I have « Rogers » under « cellular plan ».

BUT, now on the watch when I go to settings and cellular, the plan shows « Rogers » with a green check mark but the plan says « no connection ». I tried to leave my phone at home (powered on) and drove down the street and NOTHING. Red X saying « disconnected ».

Can anyone help with this?
I Plan to Stick Around

@nasa25 isn’t this the issue you had when you activated? I think you need to have them reregister the lines