Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

AAAAAAnd back at square one this morning. I go in my Cellular settings in the Apple Watch and BAM! No plan! Meaning I have to re-start from scratch!

Obviously I tap « Set up plan » and as soon as I select Add to my Share Everything plan : WS201!

I’m so fed up of this it’s not even funny. I have a tech scheduled to call me this afternoon, if this issue cannot be resolved today, I’m cancelling all my lines and accounts tomorrow.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If the Rogers plan shows as NOT IN USE under your Watch cellular settings, that means the line registration failed on Rogers backend server.

Have tech support re-register both your iPhone and Apple Watch line

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@doctorfredz

WS201 means you’ve maxed out your line limit due to too many failed activations. Have Rogers RELEASE all of the reserved lines on your account.

Does the Rogers plan show as NOT IN USE under your the cellular tab in your watch app? If that’s what it shows, your lines need to be re-registered and you don’t need to attempt the activation process again.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

That was exactly the issue. I called, and issue was resolved within minutes. We did testing and everything was working perfectly .

So I hang up the phone with the representative I’m decide to go for a quick jog, guess what? As soon as the watch is out of range of the phone, DISCONNECTED! It’s not working anymore.

Obviously I call back to get support, the agent tells me there are things we need to do internally to resolve this and it will be 72 hours before it’s resolved.

Needless to say I am completely fed up with this situation and I am highly considering closing all my accounts with Rogers.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@doctorfredz

Does your Rogers service show as in use on your watch app or not in use?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Not sure what your question is but when I’m out of the house without my phone it says Disconnected. If I go to setting —> cellular on my watch I do see Rogers under “plan” and Connected under “status”
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I believe he means in your Watch app on your iPhone, under My Watch -> Cellular. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Oh, yeah, misread his post, sorry!

Ya, plan says in use in iPhone watch app.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yup that’s exactly what you should see.

So your plan is active on the watch. But I guess the issue is you can’t get connectivity. I haven’t personally experienced that issue but I know others in this thread have. Browse the last 20 pages or so and I think you can find someone that successfully solved that issue

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I went back on the chat yesterday to get an update.

I was told the case was now with the "Ecomm" group (?).

The tech asked me to reboot both my Iphone and watch 3 times trying between each reboot to do the activation process... Guess what, still have the WS503 error. 

Shortly after I received a survey request... If you do receive the same, take the time to do it, maybe that way things will change. Going on a 4th week without beeing able to use their services with my watch..

Hey Rogers, are you keeping us on hold until Christmas or something like that 😉

That make totally no sense to me...