Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wimp1946
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

What activation fee I never paid one when I added my ipad If there is going to be an activation I discussed it with my wife we are switching to Telus that is how we are going to fix the problem then everything on our account will be uptodate
wimp1946
I Plan to Stick Around

could be anything
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wimp1946

Goodluck. All carriers require you to pay a activation fee. Even Telus. I got charged $30 with Telus to activate my Apple watch Series 4 and 3. Bell is doing the same..

So no matter where you go,u will be charged that. With iPads they can remove it as it may be with the promotion at the time that u won't get charged a fee for activating it but with Apple watches it's not the same..
wimp1946
I Plan to Stick Around

If I have to pay the activation fee I will pay it to Telus not Rogers

Crashley526
I've Been Here Awhile

So I got my watch yesterday was able to get the Activation fee waived went through all the setup steps no problem the only issue I seem to be having is that the cellular on the watch isn't fully working all the time but this is a new feature for Rogers and they are working the bugs out
Stretch
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers confirmed this morning that, even though their website says that the LTE watch is supported on Share Everything plans, they will not work if your Share Everything plan is on a small business account. According to support Rogers cannot support eSIMs yet on business accounts and expect to have it working in January.

A special thank-you to Rogers for neglecting your small business customers.

Stretch
I've Been Here Awhile

As an added data point, the Apple Watch activation on Bell only required accepting the agreement and entering the username and password for your Bell profile. No address, no error messages, no calls to tech support. It just worked.

MichaelYYZ
I Plan to Stick Around

It’s been now more than 60 hours since the ticket was opened and still no word from Rogers. Such poor service!

wimp1946
I Plan to Stick Around

I have been waiting 11 days so far with my open ticket on error MS503.  I think you have a ways to go

MichaelYYZ
I Plan to Stick Around

What????? You must be kidding. Have you followed up with them?