cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

OK so the system is now live.  You should get a pop up asking if you'd like to update the carrier settings.  Click Yes

Then you go back to your watch app and 'setup cellular' is active.  I was able to get all the way to the 911 address screen but for some reason the 'continue' button is greyed out even when I enter my full address.  So not sure what's going on with that.  But I was able to get like 2 steps from the finish lol

***Added Labels***

603 REPLIES 603

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

nasa25
@rflats771

Lol yeah I remember now. You had your activation issue sorted out a few days before me. Turned out we had the same problem post activation...lines weren’t registered properly.

With that being said, the service does work pretty well....once you can get it activated lol

wimp1946
I plan to stick around
Yes I have been waiting since the 21st no answer for me yet said it takes 7 days, tier 1 tier 2 who cares just fix it

wimp1946
I plan to stick around
same with me been waiting since 21st

wimp1946
I plan to stick around
It is ridiculous tier 1 tier 2 who cares just fix it

wimp1946
I plan to stick around
no change for me no one has returned call as I have an outstanding repair ticket with them doesn't seem to matter

wimp1946
I plan to stick around
good for you

MichaelYYZ
I plan to stick around

This morning I received a call from Rogers but I was not able to pick up. The lady from Rogers left me a message asking me to call back at 888-764-3771 and they would work with me to have the Apple Watch line activated, which I did half an hour later.

But then, when I called back and gave the ticket number, the person on the phone told me that she could not do anything now and that the ticket is with the 'ticketing group' and that she would transfer me to them for further details. After which the call disconnected.

So I called again and another lady responded. She told me more or less the same thing and that I should wait patiently since the ticket is with the right people, the 'networking group', who are working on the issue. I was advised to await more news by e-mail...

Boy, so much wasted time!...

wimp1946
I plan to stick around
what a joke Rogers get your act together

MichaelYYZ
I plan to stick around

Well, it seems I was stupid that I did not activate on the 23rd, when I was able to progress all the way up to the final "Review your order" page. But I did not proceed at that time because I was trying to avoid billing errors for which Rogers is so famous (I wanted to activate the Apple Watch plan on the first day of the billing cycle). But now this...

So not only Rogers wants us to do all the work at our end to activate the plan but also will charge us $30 activation fee. This, after me having spent hours on chats and on the phone, and possibly having to wait for days now to get the plan activated. If ever. But who is going to pay for my time that I had to waste because of Rogers' incompetence???

nasa25

@wimp1946 at this point if I were you, I'd be asking for the activation fee to be waived, at the very least!

nasa25

@MichaelYYZ you should have absolutely just activated on the 23rd.  Better to sort out a billing error for a few dollars than chase activation error codes for weeks.  

MichaelYYZ
I plan to stick around

Yes, indeed so. But at that time I was not aware of this saga and the problems that people were encountering. 

I wonder now if it’s because I was already assigned a new phone number and then I cancelled the process...

wimp1946
I plan to stick around
What activation fee I never paid one when I added my ipad If there is going to be an activation I discussed it with my wife we are switching to Telus that is how we are going to fix the problem then everything on our account will be uptodate

wimp1946
I plan to stick around
could be anything

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wimp1946

Goodluck. All carriers require you to pay a activation fee. Even Telus. I got charged $30 with Telus to activate my Apple watch Series 4 and 3. Bell is doing the same..

So no matter where you go,u will be charged that. With iPads they can remove it as it may be with the promotion at the time that u won't get charged a fee for activating it but with Apple watches it's not the same..

wimp1946
I plan to stick around

If I have to pay the activation fee I will pay it to Telus not Rogers

Crashley526
I've been here awhile
So I got my watch yesterday was able to get the Activation fee waived went through all the setup steps no problem the only issue I seem to be having is that the cellular on the watch isn't fully working all the time but this is a new feature for Rogers and they are working the bugs out

Stretch
I've been here awhile

Rogers confirmed this morning that, even though their website says that the LTE watch is supported on Share Everything plans, they will not work if your Share Everything plan is on a small business account. According to support Rogers cannot support eSIMs yet on business accounts and expect to have it working in January.

A special thank-you to Rogers for neglecting your small business customers.

Stretch
I've been here awhile

As an added data point, the Apple Watch activation on Bell only required accepting the agreement and entering the username and password for your Bell profile. No address, no error messages, no calls to tech support. It just worked.

MichaelYYZ
I plan to stick around

It’s been now more than 60 hours since the ticket was opened and still no word from Rogers. Such poor service!

wimp1946
I plan to stick around

I have been waiting 11 days so far with my open ticket on error MS503.  I think you have a ways to go