cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

OK so the system is now live.  You should get a pop up asking if you'd like to update the carrier settings.  Click Yes

Then you go back to your watch app and 'setup cellular' is active.  I was able to get all the way to the 911 address screen but for some reason the 'continue' button is greyed out even when I enter my full address.  So not sure what's going on with that.  But I was able to get like 2 steps from the finish lol

***Added Labels***

603 REPLIES 603

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

A_E_C
I plan to stick around
Yes, I was getting WS300 each and every time, right after entering my credentials and answering the picture captcha.

nasa25
LMAO

It worked. My nightmare is over

Hallelujah!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nasa25

Yay! Great to hear it worked 🙂

nasa25
Yeah it’s such an easy process when it works lol

Viflanzoff
I've been here awhile

Apple Watch - must SIM be in iPhone?

I was wondering if once the watch set up, does the SIM must be in iPhone?

It does work when phone is off.

Thanks

nasa25
@Viflanzoff

No because the Apple Watch has its own eSim

nasa25
Guys make sure Rogers adds the 1gb data to your share everything plan. Was on a chat for another issue and got the rep to check. For some reason the 1gb data wasn’t showing but he added it.

Should be 1gb of monthly data and first 3 months of service for free.

pbrox77
I plan to stick around

I’m still out of luck and really frustrated at this point.

Same error ws300!!! 😞😔☹️

Bodisia
I plan to stick around

I’ll trade you a WS516 error for a WS300 just so I have something different complain about🤣

nasa25
@pbrox77

Ugh that’s awful. Which step are you getting the ws300 at?

nasa25
@Bodisia

The fact that you get the WS516 error code right after logging on leads me to believe that it’s something specific to your personal account. If I were you I’d hop on a live chat and see if they can help you out.

prickos
I've been here awhile

After trying for the past 24 hours to make this work, I finally got connected this afternoon. I contacted support to try and track down if it was any of the issues reported here. The first rep I got was useless - didn't even understand what I meant when I said the button was greyed out. The second though was quite helpful. She discovered the account needed updated credit information. She processed that but it still didn't work. A third rep a few hours later recommended I try resetting my network settings on my phone (Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings). Once I did that I could finally click the button and never ran into any of the other error codes people are referencing here. 

TL,DR:

1. Credit information needed to be updated through rep.

2. Had to reset network settings once that was done.

pbrox77
I plan to stick around
Right after the screen when I choose the $10.00/month plan and select “continue”

nasa25
@pbrox77

That seems eerily familiar to my ws201 that was due to maxing out my lines (due to reserved lines being added when the process fails). Hop on a live chat and ask them to release any reserved lines on your account. Then try again.

Worth a shot.

pbrox77
I plan to stick around
Ok let me try. Thanks

yvatr
I'm here a lot

I activated 2 watches--one went thru fine without a hitch, the other I thought did as well but turns out the cellular data would not activate. I went thru tech support and they told me to unlink the watch and re-do the process and now it created 2 numbers and plans and then bounced me out with the WS300 error afterward 😕 

nasa25
LOL

Well that was good for a whole evening. Cellular worked for a little while after I set it up.

Now this morning under Cellular in my watch app it shows the Rogers connection as ‘not in use’ and gives me the option to add a new plan. When I click on the cellular icon on my watch it says no cellular plan is available. So for some reason my iPhone thinks my Rogers cellular plan is inactive.

Good times. That lasted long.

nasa25
Had tech support reset my network profile on their end and told me to reset my network setting. No change and now I have to type in all my wifi passwords again.

IM TOTALLY SICK OF THIS GARBAGE

I’ll be requesting a free month to make up for the time that I’m paying for the cellular connection but can’t use it. What a joke.

Edit - it’s almost as like the entire smartwatch cellular system is down or not working properly. It gives me the option to add a new line (lol ok) so for fun I started the process. If the system was working correctly it would have showed my current smartwatch line as soon as I logged in. It didn’t (just gave me the option to add another line which shouldn’t be possible to do on the same iPhone).

So I know this is 100% a Rogers systems issue (again). Guess the waiting game continues....

rkeren1
I've been here awhile

Does anyone know how to fix a WS509 error code when setting up an Apple Watch LTE? 

Hello @rkeren1!

Welcome to our Community!

We do have a fix specifically for WS509. Please PM us @CommunityHelps so we can attempt it with you. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

If anyone else is encountering this particular error too, please reach out to us!

Regards,

RogersCorey

Bodisia
I plan to stick around
What about error message WS516??