cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

OK so the system is now live.  You should get a pop up asking if you'd like to update the carrier settings.  Click Yes

Then you go back to your watch app and 'setup cellular' is active.  I was able to get all the way to the 911 address screen but for some reason the 'continue' button is greyed out even when I enter my full address.  So not sure what's going on with that.  But I was able to get like 2 steps from the finish lol

***Added Labels***

603 REPLIES 603

Re: Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models) Activation

nasa25
Yup I agree. They should have been testing this for months before.

I guess we’re all the beta testers lol

Enjoy the LTE connectivity. Hope to join you soon!

rflats771
I plan to stick around

Go with varity! Rogers seems to like to fail multiple ways!

nasa25
Lol I think as long as we can just all share the same ws300 code it’ll be easier. Once it’s fixed, it’ll work for everyone (hopefully)!

rflats771
I plan to stick around

@nasa25, thanks! But I don't have much confidence that will last lol!

nasa25
Rogers is running out of time here. We’re in the minority with our series 3s. If people’s series 4s come in and can’t be activated, wow, there’s gonna be A LOT of disgruntled people.

I was assuming Rogers would pull out all the stops to have this rectified by tonight (ahead of launch day tomorrow) but I guess I was wrong.

rflats771
I plan to stick around

Look at it this way, with multiple error codes, we can blame Rogers, with just one Rogers can blame their customers.

rflats771
I plan to stick around

@nasa25 just think of the cluster if all the new iPhones were e-sim only!

nasa25
Lol true. Although that ws300 is purely a technical error on their end. I’ve had multiple people look at my account and say everything looks perfect.

As far as this and all other Rogers failures are concerned, I think it comes down to one thing: $

They don’t want to spend the extra money to ensure everything goes smoothly (I.e see the activation server crashes almost every iPhone launch day). They’d just rather make their customers suffer and penny pinch to the max extreme.

nasa25
Lmao if it were an esim iPhone launch and this was the case it would be a sight to behold!

I can’t wait to hear the stories from tomorrow mornings watch launch/activations. It’ll be entertaining for sure.

rflats771
I plan to stick around

@nasa25 yup could be ugly, kinda like a drunk falling flat on their face without trying to brace, just the wet smacking noise and teeth all over!

nasa25
@rflats771 lol yup.

Rogers saving grace is they probably only shipped about 100 or so series 4 watches out to the store (nation wide, based on reservation in progress numbers) so they’ve minimized their potential for ugliness. I could defintely see them holding back lots of shipments until the activation issue gets resolved.

pbrox77
I plan to stick around
Thank goodness..I’m so fed up of this quietness on Rogers’ part for such an ugly launch execution..

rflats771
I plan to stick around

@pbrox77 @nasa25 it's better that any potential AW customers deal with limited availability than the activation issues.

A_E_C
I plan to stick around
Just an update... I followed up on my ticket after the 72 hour time limit that Rogers gave me. “They’re still working on it.” was the response, so I pushed the rep for more details. He read out the escalations and apparently the backend problems have been raised to Apple for help.

Not totally certain I believe that, but at least things are moving.

nasa25
It’s so weird. There’s at least 2 people in the AW4 reservation thread that said they had absolutely no problem activating their Apple Watch. Yet here we are days later and still no resolution.

The people that got theirs up and running without issue should go out and buy a lottery ticket lol. Luck is on their side.

guest2323424
I'm here a lot

Spent a third day on technical support trying to activate.  No dice although the people were very friendly and helpful.  Complete failure to activate and just WS300 even after a full reset of my cellular line. It was escalated to a 3rd level with a call back timeline of up to 7 DAYS!   Wow.  Somebody really messed up this launch if they are now telling their customers that they will see what can be done in a week.  It must be very frustrating for these people on the front lines of tech support trying to sort this out for people and not being able to really do anything.

rflats771
I plan to stick around

Rogers escalating to Apple? Ugggh that doesn't sound good.

nasa25
@WillyWozy

Care to help us poor souls out and explain the process you used to get your AW3 Cellular up and running without any issues?

nasa25
Also I honestly think that some sort of goodwill credit should be in order for each of us that are trying day after day without success to activate our watches.

We’ve earned it with the countless hours poured into trying to get a successful activation!

rflats771
I plan to stick around

@nasa25 I agree but unfortunately Rogers has been kinda stingy on crediting customers on their bills for Rogers screw-ups, (they used to be quite good but they've changed in the past 5 or so years)

nasa25
@rflats771 true but in the long run a few credits to us in exchange for the punishment we’ve had to ensure the past few days( and probably for a few more) is far far cheaper than Rogers investing in a successful implementation plan where things work day 1.

I’m happy with Rogers service (when it’s working) but after my subsidies are all up next year I might have to seriously consider Telus. I could do without all this drama.