cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it so difficult to have a technician just show up?

kapo
I've been around

I'm trying to navigate my parent's home move to and new installation (TV/Phone/WiFi). We notified Rogers well in advance of the move date, secured a new Telephone number, then we gave the new telephone number to the family's Doctors, Dentist, lawyers, accountants, bank, and every friend and relative we have.  We arranged the move-in schedules to accommodate the Rogers Technician's Window.... no one showed, no one texted, no one called. I had to call on behalf of my parents the next day to ask what happened. I was told 1) the technician wasn't available, 2) they can't see what package we were to receive, what the cost was and where it was going. Finally we were told the new telephone number my parents were give and shared with dozen's of people is no loner available, it has been "given away already"; we're asked to reschedule for 4 days later. 4 days for an elderly couple with no means of communication, nor TV, that's awful. Now they have to wait for another new number and cannot communicate with anyone, unless you physically go to their new home.  Rogers is leaving faithful elderly customer without means of communication for over a week, stranded.  

Rearrange our schedule again to attend on the 2nd appointment (this past Sunday), again no one showed up, no text, no call from Rogers. I called Rogers and was told "The technicians are just running a little late but still assigned. Please wait for a call and text from the technicians". 3 more hours, nothing, Called Rogers back, spend an hour talking to someone from Moncton, and was told we would have to "await a call from Rogers, to rebook a NEW installation date"!! Shame on you Rogers, This is how you treat your elderly customers who have been with you for nearly 40 years, without even the courtesy of notifying them when things are not going to work out.  

I'm disgusted that a company whose executives speak proudly of customer service priorities can let something like this happen so often. 

**Edited Labels**

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Why is it so difficult to have a technician just show up?

RogersCorey

Greetings and welcome to our Community @kapo!

I am sorry to hear about your experience in getting a tech to come out. I can definitely look into this for you.

Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Adhatt50
I've been around
Yes, same issue here. No show, no phone and rescheduled for another date. I called well in advance informing them we work from home and need the service installed on a specific date. Horrible service and no accountability, hope higher ups read this and take action. Everything nowadays is done over internet can’t be waiting days for a simple installation. Rogers should not be proud of anything if they can’t deliver on promised date/time. Horrible company.

seasalt
I've been around

Similar problem. Received text (on my cell) to say "technician on their way". Then nothing. When no one showed I phoned and was advised "technician cancelled call because no one answered when they phoned my number". They never phoned my number. Not sure who they phoned. Wasn't me. How could this have happened when they knew my cell number. Had to have in order to text me. Terrible service. No one owns the problem No one cares. I've had it with Rogers. I'm moving to Bell. 

Greetings @seasalt!

I'd like to look into this matter further and make sure this order was created properly. If our system was able to text you, the tech should have had the right contact number but it's possible there was a mismatch in the order for some reason.

If there were any mistakes made on our end, I can escalate this matter for review.

Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation